1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Pad opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerseyshooter, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

Got a "new to me" BT-99 and am hitting very well with it, stock fits and balance is good.....but the recoil is quite a bit higher than the Citori 525 I was shooting. One of the reason is it still has its original from 1991 Browning hard as a rock recoil pad. I want to replace it....do you prefer the Limbsaver or the Kickeez pads...or is there another less advertised option that outperforms these two. I am not concerned about how it looks or anything....BT99s will never be PRETTY! Thanks...I always get lots of good info here.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I prefer Kick-eez pads over all others, and the Model 403 modified trap pad tops my list. It really manages recoil and it helps in mounting the gun to the same place every time..... Just my opinion....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

You can also try trapdude.com They have a pad called a gooey pad, I have used one for years and like it very much.

4. Almcvey

Almcvey Member

Check out Pachmayr shotgun recoil pads. Several models and one of the best
    trap pads in the industry.

5. ABH

ABH Member

Jerseyshooter,

Go to your club and look at what other guys have on their guns. If you see one that you think may work for you, ask the owner if you can sholder his gun. Ask his opinion on the pad. If you do this several times, you will form your own opinion as to which pad will work best for you.

ART H.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I had a doubles gun that was biting me pretty good. I had a Super Gooey pad put on at the Grand in Ohio. Still got it. It sure took the bite out of that gun. No more bruises.

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

There is a Limbsaver that is pre-fit to a BT-99. Just take off your old pad and screw on the Limbsaver. Contact them and they will send you the exact model. JM

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Kick-Eez

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

While Kick-eez is the pad I like.. you must be careful not to change your pitch while changing pads.. If you are a skilled shooter.. you already know there is way more to changing a pad then 2 screws.. Also.. if a pad is to thick.. you sometimes have a trigger bounce problem if to soft..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.