1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil pad for Remington 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lightfoot, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

I want to put a recoil pad on my Remington 1100 that was purchased in the late 1970s. I want to be able to use the existing holes. Remington tells me that they don’t currently make a recoil pad that will fit. Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive solution? Thanks.

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I would get a grind to fit Kick-eez pad and you'll be set for life.

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Either a Limbsaver or an Xcoil will absorb more recoil than anything else.
    I've had KickEez on several (still have one on a target 11-87) shotguns and took them off in favor of the superior recoil-absorbing abilities of the LS and XC. Both of them make pads to fit the 1100.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Kickeez makes a universal pad that has a slot for the bottom hole to accomodate different screw spacings

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Watch the Limbsavers. The last few I had needed replacement when they turned "gummy". A custom fit universal pad might do the trick. Measure the holes spacing and the size of the buttstock and you can match them up to the diagrams that most manufacturers provide.

6. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Was looking at the Limbsaver websites and it keeps listing it for the 1100 with a synthetic stock. It also says a curved stock (which mine slightly has) will need gunsmithing!

Looks like I'll have to go with a slip-on if I don't want to modify my shotgun.

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you don't care about looks just buy a Pachmayr and redrill the holes to match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.