1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Of My New 3 Dram Reloads<---Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerry944t, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I've seen that video numerous times. It never fails to make me chuckle. It reminds me of the ONE time (never again) that I shot a 460 Weatherby.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jerry,

Ask Kolardude about his experience with a 460 Wetherby mag. A mutual friend even fired it twice just for good measure!

ec90t

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The 378 is about as bad. One shot was enough.

4. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

That brings back painful memories of me shooting my Thompson Center Encore pistol with my .50 cal muzzleloader barrel, with 100 grains of Pyrodex. I had shot this load quite a few times with no problem, but one day I was sighting it in, across sand bags, and took a very light grip on it.

The result was similar to the video, except the muzzle came back and smacked me in the mouth, causing $125 worth of damage to my upper bridge. My verbal response was similar to the one in the video, too.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a 340 WBY. Sighting in with a scope problem made me fire it 16 times.

I was sore for a week.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.