1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

recoil devices/inertia set triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The inertia block should act about the same time as does the recoil reduction device, I can't see any problems there.

Hap

2. Fisher

Fisher Member

RJH, I can't speak about Browning Citoris, and release triggers, but I can speak a little about Berettas with pull/pull inertia type triggers on 687 SP ll. This gun is a topsingle trap combo. It has a softouch recoil system and the OU barrels are ported. It just came back frrom Cole's gunsmithing in Maine. The softouch was taking so much recoil away it was keeping the hammer for the lower barrel from cocking/firing. The smith that worked on it, tuned it so it would work. This is kind of a pain. You might want to talk to Browning on this and get their thoughts before proceeding. Merry Xmas

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Fisher, by chance, was your first shot out a lighter load and lower pressure? That too can make a big difference with how the block works. Hap

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I've installed a few thousand recoil systems of various makes in the past few years. I've never seen one negatively affect an inertia trigger that was working properly before the installation.

Ken Rucker

5. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

My XT Combo has a PFS on it, I've had ZERO inertia trigger problems and I shoot 7/8oz loads to boot..

Larry

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Have Gracoils on both my 12 ga Citoris, never a problem.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'll have to side with Ruck on this one. If the trigger is in proper working order a 28ga will reset them.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.