1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Device

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by j2jake, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

A while back there was talk about a new Cracoil type device that had the comb not move aginst your cheek, I think it was called the bump stop, Anyone have info on it? Jake

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

That's "Bump-Buster", Jake....LOL!! Ironic that you ask about it tonight.....I have been installing the std. models since June and just today completed the 1st prototype installation of the attached comb model you asked about. I will have pictures to post on here sometime tomorrow and plan to be in full swing with it on Feb. 1. It has a much more conventional comb appearance than competitive systems. The comb is also fully adjustable and I have managed to retain a full 1/2" of lop adjustment in the system.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Wheeeeeew!!! Finally a good one for the good guys! WTG Ken! Hap

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hey, Hap!! I haven't forgotten you.....I just hadn't finished it to the point of taking the photos and then I saw Jake's post and decided to go ahead and announce it. I'm waiting on a mortising machine to get here this week to speed up the installation and then it'll be all downhill.

Ken

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Ken Rucker,

Have you had a chance to examine the RAD #4. I wonder if it will fit a PFS grip. I understand Dave is having Wenig make grips, but the picture sure looks like the PFS grip fit piece. Not a bad looking unit.

Just curious.

JON

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Jon, I have only seen it on the web. I no longer have any association with RAD SYSTEMS. I was the largest RAD dealer in the world for over 3 years, but don't do them anymore since I developed the BUMP-BUSTER. I feel that my system is superior to any others and have several shooters who have replaced their RADs with my system. My system is a simpler, more user friendly and much more robust design than the RADs. My goal with the attached comb model Bump-Buster is to have as conventional looking as possible wood stock that has user friendly adjustments for recoil reduction, lop and pad location.

Ken

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Ken, can your unit be fitted to a stock that has a Rad 2 on it? Jake

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Jake, give me a call @903-815-6535. I need some more info, but the answer is basically yes.

Ken

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ken,pictures??

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I emailed a couple of pictures and a short write-up to John Malcolm awhile ago to have him post it here for me. I'm sure he'll get it on here soon. Keep an eye out!!

Ken

11. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Shotshell....send me an email and I'll email the pictures direct....haven't heard from John yet about getting them on here....Thanks!!

Ken Rucker

13. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Pictures?

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Please see the thread "Bump-Buster Sliding Comb Model" on here for pictures and description. Thanks!!

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.