1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoil Device My opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

In my opinion after shooting for 44 years the best recoil device, Only the gun moves not the comb, some of these are Slick Slide, Clyde Slide, G-Square, Soft Touch, PFS, Stock Lock, Pro-Soft, just to name a few, I have shot the following but the stationary Comb Recoil Devices are the best.

Gracoil, Countercoil, Rads,Mercury Devices, Spring Devices, and others, they are not as comfortable as the ones listed above,

Weight in the stock and forearm and Bbl weights work better in my opinion.

I am awaiting for my Slick Slide's arrival for some shoots.

The best factory weight systems I have shot were on Blasers and Caesar Guerini but I have to say the Blaser System is the best of the Two.

If you want to chime in go ahead and list your reasons for the style you shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

PFS is my favorite, Vern is always there to help if you have a question.

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Second for pfs. Love mine. Motordoc

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

If I have to shoot something that ugly I will Quit! Hydrocoil is the answer! Jeff

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the hydrocoil. Where can I see a picture of one?

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

We (my wife and I) have five PFS stocks on our various guns. I have a muscle disease and the recoil of a regular stock bothers me in the evenings after a day of shooting (but not while I am shooting). I bought a BT-99 that had a RAD on it and, if I only shot 100 Handicaps it was fine, but more and I was uncomfortable that evening. I put a PFS on it and, like my MX-6, the wife's 682 and TM1 and my SC gun, there was no discomfort at all.

I set mine a bit stiff, but they still reduce felt recoil better than any others I have tried. I had an old Soft Touch that came on my first trap gun, and it was very soft, but kept catching my beard and pulling. Ouch! It could not be moved right or left, only up or down. Ouch, again.

Bob

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You want soft, buy the Shockmaster G2. You want more adjustable and almost as soft buy a PFS. Nether is cheap, but the customer service on both is outstanding, and you get what you pay for, great products.

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I like the counter coil. Easy to adjust and great on reducing recoil.

9. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Straightshooter 1 (ie Bob) - we can modify that comb to make it a 4-way and also figure out where your beard is getting caught and offer a fix for that too.

Just takes a phone call to discuss the issues and we always find a solution.

So Gary- you didn't actually say which device you like the best. You just categorized them all. Just wondering... your opinion....

Beth
    SoftTouch

10. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

Stock Lock second to none because you deserve it

11. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a PFS,Rad 1,a couple of adj LOP Gracoils a Bumpbuster, an older Soft Touch and a Counter Coil. I like the Counter Coil the best. My second favorite is the Bumpbuster. The Soft Touch is the softest, but it collapses when I shoulder the gun as does the Gracoil. My PFS rattles and the Rad just feels like a spring. My Counter Coil failed after about 10 years and they rebuilt it for $54. and was back in 8 days. The only other device that I have had any experience with was a Hydro Coil on one of my old model 12's, and it broke and I was not able to get it fixed at the time. Bill

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 4 PFS. They work for me.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I know I'm going to get flamed for this,..but here goes...I too have shot all mentioned except for the bump buster thanks to my gracious friends aloowing me to test drive their rigs....I like the Brownings Plus system because I can pull it tight into my shoulder without collapsing it...I tried but just cant loosen up enough to keep them from smushing ...but I'm just me and glad everybody has one that works for them...let the flogging begin (( :{...thank you sir!! May I have another!

14. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I personally like soft touch. Have one on my Perazzi and wouldn't take something pretty for it if I couldn't get another one. Now I've had a Gracoil fit to my XT and hope to get it back today. We'll see......

15. jake boy

jake boy Member

I have tried a few spent thousands my favorite is greendot tgt wad 1oz hard 8.

16. dtate10

dtate10 TS Member

Loved my Gracoil.

17. wam6187

wam6187 TS Member

I will add another vote for the PFS. I cannot say enough good about the device. I had developed a real sensitivity to recoil. The PFS eliminated the recoil and allowed me to dial my gun in to fit me like a glove. If you can get past the looks, they are the bomb.

Bill

18. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I've tried them. I don't like them and hope I'll never have to use one. I hate what the stocks look like with all that hardware on them. I've never had a real issue with recoil and find them disconcerting when shooting doubles. Someday I may require one ....I hope that's a long time.

19. Fla_native

Fla_native TS Member

Man up, people!

EdH

20. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I like all the above but one Negative on the G2 is both guys I know using them they leak down the air. One sent his back to the builder got it fully reconditioned, then set it liked it and put the gun away for 3 weeks only to find it was low on air again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

slick slide vs bump buster

soft touch recoil repair

soft touch recoil system opinions