1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaiming Shot in Kansas

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tekyn gold, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Are there any gun clubs going to step up to the plate and help the sport out????

2. emm2

emm2 Member

Powder Creek is going to reclaim shot in the spring.

3. guncase

guncase TS Member

what do you mean, "help out the sport"???? Just why would you think they would sell it for less than the going price???? THey can harvest and sell it, and the locals can shoot cheap targets on the profits. 100% profit on their share!!!!!!!!!!!

4. missemucho

missemucho Member

And that's exactly how you keep local clubs open and shooting! I'm trying desperately to cut the cost for our club members so they'll keep showing up. Shotgun sports pay the bills at our club and skeet shooters at our club are already feeling the pressure of component costs. If we just break even on shot costs the club still profits.
    John

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"Just why would you think they would sell it for less than the going price???? THey can harvest and sell it, and the locals can shoot cheap targets on the profits. 100% profit on their share!!!!!!!!!!!"</I>

And what makes you think that people would buy out-of-round, mixed-size shot for the same price that they have to pay for new clean round uniform shot? You should look ibto it if you have never done so. I bought 1500 lbs. of reclaimed this year for .90 a pound, cleaned and graphited and the club still made money.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.