1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BenelliM2, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Just picked up some reclaimed shot today at my local gun club,curious what everybodys thought was about it that has shot it,tips for cleaning it?

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

2. plinker611

plinker611 Member

jordan,make a screen setup and wash it,i soak in laundry detergent first in a 5 gallon bucket(100 lbs at a shot),and then rinse,dry,and re graphite,if it sounds like too mutch work and it goes through your reloader as is, shoot it as is,i like to re cast& re drop drop through my stewart black max shotmaker(7.5)and its like new again,i also re drop for others for a 70-30 split(after clean up,some reclaim can have alot of dirt).how mutch per bag & where did you get it? mark,edwardsburg c.c.

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Surely you bought reclaimed shot that is already cleaned and graphited??

4. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

plinker611,the reclaimed shot was picked up by myself and another member from the club,cost=1hr and a half of my time. My biggest problem is been trying to get the small stones out. I set up a table outside and put shims up high enough on one end so that the more round shot would roll off the table into a 5 gallon bucket and all the rocks/deformed shot would stay back on the end of the table,seems to work alright but is going to take awhile.

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

5. BuddyR

BuddyR TS Member

Take a contractors wheel barrow, put five or six pounds of shot and rocks, I assume you've screened out the big stuff, and blow out the rocks with a leaf blower. Being careful not to get too close with the blower and blow the shot out. Tip the wheel barrow down then up to roll to the front while blowing it. after three or four times it gets pretty clean.Maybe five times....Bud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.