1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reclaimed shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smifshot, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

Was wondering how light your shot drops are when loading reclaimed shot. Have you ever checked? Stroker

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I drop nice clean reclaimed shot for my 1 1/8 oz practice loads. Don't really care if they end up being +/- a few 10's of an oz. They fill the shot cup and give me nice crips, and they work as well or even a little better than the cheap promo loads out there.
    No I've never weighed them, but do weigh my powder drop at the beginning of each new jug.

3. wanderer

wanderer Member

Just did so yesterday. Reclaimed weighed the same as Eagle 7&1/2's. GEG. Note: Reclaimed is so good you have to look hard to identify it as reclaimed. Mining done by Mike McNeely of Double Adobe, Az. GEG.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Wander, I just bought 1100 pounds from down in Fla that I found out that came from North Carolina. A lot of it is flat sided, I don't know if it makes a difference but I wouldn't have driven all the way down there to get it if I had known. You can definitely tell the difference. Jackie B.

5. biggun4fun

biggun4fun TS Member

Well I tried some reclaimed shot and I have dicovered some interesting facts....such as patterns are tighter ....lighter loads dropped by at least a eighth of an oz.however the crimps still looked the same....sometimes wont cycle a beretta 391 like red dot ..........and you can still miss a hard left with it!!!!

6. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

Biggun4fun.sometimes those flat shot will"blister" those hard lefts. However, please be careful with that reddot load in a 391. If that aint so. GRITS AINT GROCERIES, EGGS AINT POULTRIES...AND MONA LISA WAS A MAN. Stroker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.