1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed Shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hinkton, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

My gun club has reclaimed shot for sale. They catch the shot on a large plastic tarp. They sell as is, an it is clean. Can i reload this shot as it is, without some kind of other treatment?
    Thanks
    Hank

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Yes! will it be as perfect as new? No! Will it still kill a lot of clays? Yes! Of course, you'll have a mixture of all sorts of shot sizes in your loads but I can't think of a problem with that.....breakemall...Bob Dodd

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It might be a good idea to put a few pounds in an empty powder jug with a teaspoon of powdered graphite and shake well before using. The shot will go through the reloader a lot easier without jamming up in the tube. HMB

4. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

The tarp must be 100 feet by 150 feet. It catches most of the shot from two traps.I beleave they use a broom to get the shot to one area then dust pan it into a bucket. They sell it for a 1.00 a pound. The gun club is pinebelt in new jersey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.