1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed Shot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcline, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcline

tcline TS Member

Anyone have reviews on reclaimed shot from J&S Wholesale?

2. Oldgunsarebetter

Oldgunsarebetter TS Member

Might be a little high on price. I bought some locally from a guy that picked it up in the midwest from leadminer. Paid $28/for25lbs. Except for the shot being a little dented its like new. Very clean stuff.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

What Oldguns said, I've been using RC shot from leadminer for 2 or 3 years now and will get more when my supply gets down. Can't see any difference in tgt breaks back to 23, goes through my loader just the same as new. Pour it in a shallow pan & run a good strong magnet through it, I know leadminer puts it through a magnetic separator but I still find a few steel pellets, maybe I'm a little anal but don't want to take any chances. Ross Puls

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

This guy shows you how to clean it if you are worried. I think he just figured it out to late.

5. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

Leadminer please respond!

6. tcline

tcline TS Member

Thanks for the information guys and I see alot of talk about the lead miner but the problem is getting him to come near NC. I would be interested in 2 or 3k lb or maybe more depending on freight cost. Thanks again!

7. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I don't know what I should respond to. I have never seen the reclaimed lead shot from this company. If I had I would give you my honest opinion. They have never even posted a picture or at least I have never seen one. So therefore it might be Excellent, average, or not worth a shit. I have had one person that did not give the company a good overall review but that was his own experience that was way in the past. My advice is that you do not buy anything sight unseen. Make your own judgement to the quality. As for my reclaimed lead shot there are plenty of my past customers that are very pleased with my product that will swear by it. I do have one customer that will not shoot it thru his high end gun but does shoot it thru his browning. I guess that is his perogitive. ( I had to use at least one big word that I probably mispelled) lol. I just had a box company make me some sample boxes to fit inside a flat rate USPS box so we could ship 70 pounds at a time for those that want a sample. It left for Hawaii yeserday. After it arives we will know exactly what it takes to ship it out to others.

As for J&S Wholesale I do not have any experience with them nor have I seen anybody comment on their product or service.

Have a great day. Terry, AKA Leadminer

8. Lead Miner

tcline--- if you want I can sell you a sample box of my polished reclaimed and then we can discuss my bringing a load to North Carolina. Terry

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I don't know why this guy on Shotgunworld is concerned with microscopic particles embedded in his shot. If he would magnify his barrel he would find lots of microscopic scratches in his barrel anyway.

10. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

Terry, a few threads back from himark shows some pics of recycled shot but it is nothing like yours. Just thought it would be of interest to you!

11. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Yes I bought 120 bags for $24.90 a bag and $100 shipping last March for myself and my club members and many commented on how clean it was, some said it was the best reclaim thye have ever seen. These guys are great to to business with. Joe

12. Lead Miner

The guy on shotgun world is in the business of honing out barrels. He is very anal about his position against reclaimed lead shot. Actually it is rather amusing to read his arguments on shotgun world. The samples that he shows are from very crappy reclaimed lead shot that has been polished. If I knew that it would shut him up I would send him a sample of mine. But I am sure it would not convince him to change his opinion. He has many very good points. Polished reclaimed lead shot is not perfect. Thats a fact. New shot is not perfect. That is also a fact. Mine is not perfect and that is why I keep trying to make it better. However I have never seen any that is as clean as I get mine and I am looking all the time. It may be out there but I have not found it yet. I know that sounds like bragging and that is not the type of guy that I am. All I know is that I am filled up with backorders for polished reclaimed lead shot. If it were a lot cheaper to ship it would help for me to serve the guys on each coast. That is usually the deal breaker. The black and white part about it is that Shooting reclaimed lead shot saves the shooter money and allows him to shoot more and in some cases to be able to shoot at all. Terry

13. Clay Gauge

Clay Gauge Member

Thanks Terry......Very honest and straight forward information.

I have inspected my shot that I got from you, it is amazingly clean and I will continue shooting it.

14. creek

creek Member

J&S Wholesale reclaimed shot appears very clean with pretty consistant sizing. I have used it for almost a year (20+ bags)with no complaints. Works great in my 12g and 20ga MEC 9000H.
    John

JSWholesaleInc_Jeff thanked this.
  15. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I have no doubt that Lead Miners reclaim is among the best or maybe the best reclaim you can buy. I missed Terry when he was in Arizonia back in December I think. I'm only home here half the year. I can hponestly say that J & S sells real good stuff too and with their west coast location the shipping is reasonable. Joe

16. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

Terry has delivered his superior shot to me on several occasions. It is essenitally all I have used for 3-4 years.I am just a recreational shooter, but I use it for all games.

Lead Miner is a pleasure to do business with.

Bill Penn

17. himark

himark Well-Known Member

The easiest way to check your reclaimed would be to melt a 25# bag. You will see quickly how much junk floats or there will just be no junk and you boys will have your answer.

18. 808state

808state Member

Terry was nice enough to send me 65lbs of his reclaimed shot all the way to Hawaii. I've been shooting and reloading shotshell for less than a year but his is by far the cleanest reclaimed shot I've come across so far. I screened a bag and there wasn't a single steel shot in that bag.

19. Lead Miner

I have for sale my polished reclaimed lead shot for sale and will ship it via medium flat rate postal box. I have come up with a way to securely fill and ship a medium flat rate box from the Postal Service polished reclaimed lead shot. This box contains 68 pounds of very excellent polished reclaimed lead shot that is ready for your reloader. For years now I have been selling my polished reclaimed lead shot here in the midwest to many, many shooters and clubs by the tons. My intentions here are to send you out a 68 pound box of polished lead shot for you to try and test out before you order a bulk shipment. Therefore I will be initially limiting orders to just one box. Then you can examine and try it out before you decide to get a group together and order a bulk shipment.

This is what it looks like. You will have a very hard time finding any steel shot or any forign matter of any kind in it at all. There is no 100% guarentee however. This shot will easily flow thru your reloader and you should be satisfied with your shooting results. If you do your part it will do its part.
    I am located in Fremont Nebraska and pickup is always available at my location. Again this is only considered a sample shipment and is limited to one box per address. If in the future you are not able to order a bulk shipment we will consider shipping full time to you. Example: We will be doing regular shipments to Hawaii and Alaska to our shooting friends over there. We still ask of those places that at this time we limit it to one box untill our new mining season gets fully underway as our supply is limited.

Price is $90.00 and that includes shipping. If you want it insured there is an extra charge of $2.40 per box. This is a promotional price and may change at any time.

I will need to secure payment before any shipment is made. If you would like to order simply send a check to:

Green Excavating & Mining Solutions, 4461 N. Borad, Fremont, NE 68025

Orders will be filled on first come first shipped basis. Please make the check out to GEMS or Green Excavating & Mining Solutions. Also make sure that you include the exact complete address to ship it to. If you include your email address I will also send you the tracking number so you know its whereabouts.

You may email me questions or send me a P.M. on this site. leadminer@tvsonline.net or call me at 402-720-6347. Please give me some time to respond as we are extremely busy and we are anticipating a large response to this post. PLEASE remember to pay the exact amount of $90.00 and make all notes ledgable. Price is only available in the United States.

I also have available all models of Downrange wads available for shipment. Price on most model is $80.00 per case plus shipping.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance. Terry vonSeggern aka Leadminer

20. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
65lbs reclaimed lead shot

bulk reclaimed shot

j & s wholesale reclaimed shot reviews
r j shot reclaimed lead shot
reclaimed lead shot review
reclaimed shot in freemont nebraska
reclaimed shot shotgun review