1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed shot what are you paying?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Just wondering with the cost of a flat of good shells above the $60 mark what you can reload some practice shells for?

I would like to know how much your paying for a bag 25# of reclaimed or non- commercial manufactured shot.

If you have a price per shell or box of loaded shells along with your recipe please post as well.

joe

2. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i make my own shot,dont count my time feel its a hobby that pays for my componets& targets with my shot sales,use sts hulls,chedite primers$114/5000,21.5gr green dot$85/8lbs,fig 8 wads $18/1000,and 1 1/8 oz of my shot$0,i shoot 15k targets/yr,and shot pays for componets&targets,thanks to jim stewarts black max,you have to love to tinker & be a scrounger or it wont work,mark jones, p.s i average $22.50 per bag(un shipped)for my shot

3. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

At the Autumn Grand I paid $20 per 25 pound bag of reclaimed shot. This was at Tucson Trap. If the rate has dropped I will buy 10 more bags at the Spring Grand.

4. dws

dws TS Member

I was at Tucson Trap for the Winter Chain on Saturday 1/24/2009 and reclaimed was selling for $18.00 a bag .. new shot $30.00 a bag

Dennis

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I go out to the shot drop zone at my club with a dust pan and broom. It takes about 20 minutes to sweep up 100 lbs of shot. Another 40 minutes at home to clean it and lube it. Total investment $10 for broom, dust pan and 1 lb of powdered graphite. HMB

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

hmb, you doing this in the day time or late at night?

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

No need to do it late at night. I am retrieving the lead that I deposited in the drop zone. Doing my part to keep the club clean. The best time is late afternoon after the sun has dried everything out. HMB

8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

There were guys on here the other day wanting to sell a barrel of reclaim for $14 a bag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.