1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reclaimed shot rate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gps, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gps

gps TS Member

considering having the shot reclaimed at our club. can anyone give me a rough idea on what the going rate or percentage of the return would possibly go back to the club ?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

When I was involved at a large club in CA, and it was a long time ago, it was a 50/50 split with the person operating the reclaiming business.....Bob Dodd

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

We are having ours done again this summer, same guy who did it about four years ago. His deal is 40% club, 60% to him. Another outfit called us up last fall and wanted a 30%/70% split, with a cash bond up front to guarantee he made enough on the deal. We told him "Thanks but no thanks".

The deal was the same as last time. We paid to have our share trucked to Northwest in Medford, where we paid about $4.50 per bag in the equivalent weight of new shot, plus freight back to Pocatello, for a total cost to us somewhere around $6 per bag. This time we expect our cost to be somewhere around $8-$9 per bag, which sounds pretty good in the time of $35+ shot.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We got money up front from the reclaimer after he looked at our shooting records. We then had a percentage split on any lead over and above a certain amount.

HM

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Around 50/50, 60/40, 40/60. Depending on the recycler, you may be able to negotiate a deal. Such as, do you need berms constructed or earth moved, and will he have equipment there that could do that for you? If so, he may negotiate that into the trade, changing your percentage of shot. Phil E

6. 703381

703381 TS Member

did you have to pay anything. who will be doing the work?

David

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

Pocatello--

Could i intrest you in shipping me some of this recclaimed shot??

Bill

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Bill, we do not keep any reclaimed shot, we exchange it all for new shot. Last time our share was just about one semi trailer load in 55 gallon drums. We paid the freight to have it taken to Medford OR. My recollection is that we paid about $4.50 per bag to have it exchanged for an equal weight of new shot in 25 lb bags, and paid the freight to have that new shot trucked back to Pocatello. My recollection, perhaps faulty, is that we were into it about $6 per bag when we were done. This time we expect the exchange rate and freight to be higher, but we will still be able to sell to our members at a rate below the going price.

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.