1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed shot...questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FN in MT, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

To anyone who has recently reclaimed the shot at their Club;

We are exploring getting a part of the field mined. The ground survey showed we had an estimated 30-40 tons.

WHERE can we get it redropped? With commercial shot now in the low $20's is it even WORTH getting it redropped? Is Northwest our only option here in Montana? ANY thoughts at all would be appreciated.

Thank You,

FN in MT

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

From my limited experience,FN, two different miners, they generally do the mining and then take their cut from the results as their own. Then all of "their" shot is re-dropped and sold to the public. The last time I was near a mining operation (Northwest), we had them re-drop our share also and paid them an agreed amount for the service with "our share" returned to us to sell to members. It was a win win win....Bob Dodd

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you don't want to mess around with reclaim shot or having it redropped, most miners will pay the scrap lead price for your share.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I know you are talking about re-dropping or truely recycling the shot but, some try to pawn it off as just reclained. That reclaimed shot doesn't run through a reloader for s#it. Don't waste your time. Back some years ago I was given some (by family member), needless to say I gave it back the next day. I wasn't gonna deal with that crap. Heck, it wasn't dirty it was out of round, flat, square, oxidized (not rust, funky) wouldn't drop for s#it. Price of lead is nown a bit now. Don't feel that your that hard up. If it ain't round it ain't flying in air straight. But, you are to be commended for your efforts to strip it up.

5. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

If the reclaimed shot has been polished and graphited, its just fine for 16 yard and doubles - but 27 yards is another story. I have shot many hundreds of pounds of reclaimed with no problem either in my loader or on the line.

Eric

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

When I last talked to the outfit that is supposed to mine our fields they said that there is a place in Ft. Wayne IN, and a place in St. Louis that they take reclaimed shot to and sell it. Don't know what the name of either is.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

The Spokane Gun club had their field mined last fall,I purchased some reclaimed from them when shot prices were high.Whoever mined it for them did an excellent job of cleaning it,reclaimed usually weighs light with a 1oz bushing but this shot weighed up with new shot and was free of any dirt or debris,I wouldn't see much advantage to redropping if you were using it for singles or practice.If you give them a call I am sure they can give you the name of the gent who mined it for them.Jerry

8. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

JDSfarms...... We already have a Miner. And I agree on the Spokane shot. I bought half a ton back in January or so and it's worked just great from 16 yds and for informal skeet.

Are they still sitting on barrel after barrel of it?? I'd heard the sales slowed down as shot prices started to drop.

FN in MT

9. jdsfarms

Last I heard they were out,but I believe they lowered the price.Jerry

10. eric

The Spokane Gun Club has lowered the price and they have all you want!

Eric

11. jdsfarms

Eric,That's good info what's the new price.Jerry

12. eric

As of now, its about $18.30/bag plus tax unless you are tax exempt.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spokane reclaimed shot for sale