1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**RECLAIMED SHOT QUESTION**

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ismah, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

Is it as consistent as new shot from the 16? I'm going to try my first bag and have reservations. I paid $28.00 for a 25 lb bag. New shot here in the Pacific NW is $46. The savings would go a long way if it's worth it.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

At 16 yards and out to mid yardage ... you cannot tell any difference! I just finished using 25 bags of reclaim shot ...and wish I could find more.

Really good quality reclaim will also do a good job at long yardage.

3. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

get a sample! I have seen some great looking reclaim, and some that was square!

K

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Okey for singles and skeet.

5. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have not noticed a difference. Shoots great for me.

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

With -good- reclaimed I have not found much difference in patterns out to around 23 yards. After that it does not show good percentages on the board. The stuff that look like Coal chips did not do well.

Connie's has Northwest shot for $35.

Ajax

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I do see a difference from the 16. My normal 16 yard load is 1 oz. of 8.5s. With the reclaim (and it is high quality stuff), my breaks don't smoke like they do with 8.5's. I do get good breaks, and I can't say that it has ever cost me a target, but I do notice a difference in breaks. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot reclaim from 16 at a registered shoot.

Regards,

Chip Porter

8. missed

missed Member

I wonder how Blindside Shot would pattern ?? It is square and Winchester uses it in their Prem. Shot Shells. Is it really important to be perfectly round, how about the Black Cloud from Federal.

9. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

If you want to know how good reclaimed shoot is go to Trapshooting USA magazines site and look up Jan/Feb 2011 page 52 thay ran test on your question and it will give you your answer.

10. skippy

skippy TS Member

Ahab wrote,
    "At 16 yards and out to mid yardage ... you cannot tell any difference! I just finished using 25 bags of reclaim shot ...and wish I could find more"

I know where you can fine it I have some,I live in Michigan :)

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Ray could load feathers and still break good scores.

12. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I load reclaim shot for singles, first shot in doubles, and practice. Will someone please inform me the differnce (on the score sheet) betweem smoke and good break. I will take 100 chips any day.

13. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I load reclaim shot for singles, first shot in doubles, and practice. Will someone please inform me the differnce (on the score sheet) betweem smoke and good break. I will take 100 chips any day.

14. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I reload reclaim shot to shoot singles and firat shot for doubles. With that in mind will someone eplain on the score sheel the differnce between smoke and good break. I would take 100 chips any time I shoot.

15. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

reclaimed doesn't get square from hittin the ground! it works fine you just have to make sure you dont have alot of small stuff in it you can allways blend it with new in a bucket and just scoop it out

16. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

Robinson Ranch (North central Florida) has reclaimed shot, cleaned and re-graphited for $26/bag picked up or we will ship it but you will need to arrange your own shipping (FOB). We will have some available at the Florida Spring Championship at Gator Trap and Skeet Club in Gainesville over the memorial day Weekend.

Bill Thomas

17. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

I loaded up some reclaimed shot 1oz 20gr green dot sts case cheditte primer and a green down range wad, moves about 1220 fps, smokes em really good. I et my reclaim from Tony in Salt Lake usually has good stuff. I buy it by the barrel. I shoot 7/8oz mostly.

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

70% of new shot makes it to the 30" circle the first time loaded. Anyone have any idea how much makes it there the 2nd time!!

19. ismah

ismah Member

Thanks for all the input. I tried the re-claimed shot yesterday (Saturday) and didn't see a difference from the 16 or the 22 yard lines. (I can miss targets from any distance.) I'll buy more. BB

20. surfcitydude

surfcitydude Member

I've used it and it worked fine at 16yd. and skeet but before you load any, make sure you test it with a magnet. One purchased of a few bags was full of steel shot. A magnet through the bags was totally covered. As you know, steel uses special wads to protect the barrel and weighs less, making the loads incorrect. Test before loading and return it if there is more than a few pellets. Or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.