1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reclaimed shot, melt down or just use

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ajax, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

1911 if you have access to a shotmaker, I would remake it. If not, do what Pat has suggested. I would start out with a little less graphite and see if I needed more. If you run reclaim straight in a shotmaker you'll have to skim the old graphite off. I would mix it in with other lead and don't let the scum get into the nozzles.

Ajax

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Shoot it, I would run a magnet over/thru it to make sure there isn't any steel in it, if it's reasonably clean. I would use a wad that holds all the shot in the cup.

3. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

For 16-20 yds: reuse it. Further back melt it. If you are on the 27, well you probably wouldn`t be asking this question. I would use the money I was saving to buy new Nitro 27`s. Enjoy. Keep shooting!!

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I purchased some reclaimed shot from a old club member. This shot came from our club 25+ years ago and it is mostly 5&6's. He said they shot a lot of Calcutta's back then and no one used "legal" shot.LOL Works for practice.

Rock

Jim

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if you dont care about your gun then shoot it one piece of white sand that gets in a slit of the shot cup will cut the bore factory shot is not real good in a shot maker will be ok if mixed with some wheel weights rick

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maclellan: How do you specificly reclaim your shot? It sounds too simple. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.