1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed Shot for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KS5SPECIAL, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

Reclaimed shot #7-1/2 and #8 Mixed.
    26 pounds per 2 liter bottle. $28.00 per bottle
    Very Clean. I'm in the Cleveland/Akron Ohio area and shoot at Sportsmans gun and Reel on Thursday nights as well as other clubs in the area.
    Call me at 216-215-4610 if interested. Will not ship.

2. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

3. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

17 Bottles sold, 25 left to go.

4. -3200

-3200 TS Member

ks5special

I hope you have my 15 bottles reserved. I talked to you yesterday by phone.

Tim

5. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

yes I do.
    Dave

6. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Bring a few bottles thursday if you dont mind so I can take a look at it.

Chris "the puller"

7. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

will do Chris.
    As this is reclaimed there are various shot sizes ranging from .125 to .090. I measured 30 pieces of shot last night and the average size was .097". 7-1/2 shot is .095 and #7 is .100". I ran a pretty powerful magnet threw it and it came up perfectly clean.
    I have had some trouble with bridging of the shot in the tube in my Mec900G causing a mess.
    I ordered a drop tube from MEC for steel shot which is suposed to help.
    Also read an old thread from Dan Trap2 that suggests using a 5/8" o.d. copper tube in place of the Mec tube.The Mec tube is crimped down on the end restricting the flow of the shot. Will try the copper tube idea today. I was shooting some of it last Thursday. Found out the charge was only weighing about 7/8 of a ounce, so thats what I was shooting. Both Buzz and I noticed the light recoil, well thats why. I put my 1-1/4 oz charge bar in last night and now it drops alot closer to 1-1/8 ounce. I guess its from the varying shot diameters thats causing this. I will be shooting it next thursday for call birds. You can judge some from that if i'm shooting good. I had been shooting some home made stuff from a guy at Sandy Valley that measured .120" one way and .090 the other, in other words not even close to beeing round, and I was crushing birds to dust with that stuff. Kind of changed my mind about how important roundness of the shot matters. Some will say it patterns terrible and that could be. I'm one that goes by results of broken birds. Last time I checked there was no money paid for the most perfect patterns, 10's win and thats how i'll judge this stuff.If i'm on birds that would normally break and there not thats a big problem. Anyway with shot at $40 a bag plus tax i'm going to fool with this stuff for a while and see how it works. There are definatly some adjustments to be made to the loader that you need to be aware of. If you try it and don't like it i'll take it back without a problem.
    Have a nice holiday
    Dave

8. qshot

qshot TS Member

Ks5special I have shot some reclaimed and ordered it from recobs if there is
    dust in your shot, simply run it through a metal strainer and get dust off,
    this is what i do and have had no trouble with it clogging up in my mec sizemaster, I have shot about 2000 rounds know with it and love it for skeet do not shoot trap. charlie

9. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

The 1/2" copper tube solved my bridging problem completly. Cut it to 6-1/16 length with a tubing cutter then deburred the end with a dremel. Measures .630" on the o.d. same size as the Mec Wad rammer tube. The I.D. is a little bigger than the Mec tube and with not having the crimped down i.d. on the end I have no more problems. Loaded 100 shells this morning, no spills.

10. burgy

burgy TS Member

I'll take six bottles if you have any left. I'll pick them up Thursday night.

11. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

Burgy:
    See you tomorrow at 8am. I'll give you a copper drop tube as well.

Dave

12. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

23 bottles left to go.

13. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

14. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.