1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed Shot for Sale, $20/bag, High Quality

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dannyw68, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

Hello everyone,

My last thread was getting far too long, so I decided to start a new one (Link to old thread: http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=206693). I also created a new email address to help keep track of things. Please use this instead of the old one.

My supplier recently upped my price for shot, so I have to take some cost cutting measures to make mail order sales still enticing. I have found that most of my effort is spent tracking, reading and writing emails. And most requests are for 2 bags, so it ends up taking far too much time to make it worth it for me.

So I have decided make my minimum order quantity 10 bags. The price is still $20 per bag, and I will still ship two bags per box via USPS priority for $10. So a 10 bag order is $250 even. Also, I recently discovered that paypal is anti-gun, so I want to use them as little as possible. So please make payments with postal money orders.

Please email me if you are interested. I will be updating this thread to indicate my current supply.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is that for just certain states or is that in the lower 48? Thanks Jackie B.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Dan,

Are you going to honor those of us that requested orders of smaller quantity prior to this posting? I'd like to try a little before buying a lot if you know what I mean. But, I also understand how things can get when you have a product that is priced this well.

Thanks,

ss

4. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

0   0   0

I agree 10 bag minimum is alot of shot just to try it out. I want to try some and don't mine trying it for $50 but $250 is too risky for me on reclaimed. To many variables especially when I can get factory fresh for $31 a bag.

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Danny: I don't blame you a bit for selling only in the larger quantities. At $20.00/bag you are maybe making $2.00. Hell, I wouldn't pack it haul it to the post office unless I was making $10.00/bag pure profit. It looks like a big waste of time for you. Let these penny pinchers find it and haul it home themselves. Rick ~~~Texas

6. oldeyes

oldeyes TS Member

0   0   0

recently got some shot from dan when i pored it in my shot bottle it looked great,shot great,great process and clean shot i will buy more when i need it.

7. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I didn't realize the amount of work it required to fulfill so many orders. As far as all of the previous requests, I cannot honor them. I literally have over 200 of them, and each of them requires 20-30 minutes of email contact, waiting for payments, etc... It is far too much effort for very little payback.

And I realize that 10 bags of shot is bit much, but like I said, anything less is just not worth it. I would rather not sell it at all if I have to spend all my weeknights on a computer. I'd rather be shooting. I do understand that 10 bags is allot to spend on shot of unknown quality, but previous posts from satisfied customers should bring you some comfort. And I guarantee that you wont be disappointed. I haven't had a single complaint yet. So again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

This offer is good in all the lower 48 states.

Regards,
    Dan

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Were are you located, local buyers may want to pick up...

9. Beni

Beni Member

0   0   0

Has anyone used dannys reclaimed shot. Is it clean regraphited etc. thanks Beni

10. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

I am located in Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca, very close to Irvine.

My shot is extremely clean and has been bagged and regraphited.

11. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

0   0   0

Tried four bags of Dan's reclaimed and just re-ordered the 10 bag deal at $250. shipped to the lower 48. Generous weights, as clean as any reclaimed I've ever seen. No grit, stones or trash. Graphited well and mine looked to be about 50/50 mix of 7 1/2 and 8's.

Nicely packaged in double boxes in extra heavy clear bags with zip tie closures. My first order got to me in Central Kentucky four days after shipping.

Not trying to sell anybody and don't know Dan from Adam but it's a good deal for re-claimed if you want to save abuck or two on practice. Me, I'm going to shoot it on doubles and 16's and save factory ammo on Handicap.

I personally appreciate Dan's efforts for dang little profit. I mean, I can buy good re-claimed shot shippped from California to Kentucky cheaper than I can buy locally, what's up with that?

Eddie Quire

12. One Eyed Left Handed

0   0   0

Dan, postal money order for $250. for 10 bags shipped left my post office today!

13. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

Hello everyone,

I have officially sold out of my latest batch. And after thinking about it, it is just too much work for too little pay to continue shipping out shot. I will still sell locally, but will no longer be shipping out any order placed after right now. Everyone that I have spoke with up until now will still get theirs of course.

I really appreciate all th business and will update this thread if anything changes in the future.

Thanks again,
    Dan

14. One Eyed Left Handed

0   0   0

Dan, hope I didn't help talk you out of the business but I get it 100%. Glad I got my order in! Anybody else that did is fortunate. You'll be pleased with the shot!

15. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I get it 100% also....WAY too much work for nothing. Rick ~~~Texas

16. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

And Henry is still waiting for his shot from Bill Dawn, if I remember the name correctly. Ray

17. Mr MardiGras

Mr MardiGras Member

0   0   0

Hey Dan...Bought 8 bags and it shot no different then new form 16 and 23 yds. It,s true that new is around 31-33 a bag but 6 dollars a bag feels much better in my pocket then theirs...The only unhappy sole in my buying from Dan is my Mail Man who had to load it in his truck....lol Thanks Dan...looking forward to future business with you, JimC.

18. hkdfrlife

hkdfrlife Member

0   0   0

Dan, I recently contacted you about buying 4 bags. Dad has an order in for 2 bags. He asked me to contact you and see if you were up to him on the list. His e-mail is h.roach@centurytel.net, and his compute is in the shop. If his order is ready, we could go together and get the six bags we had ordered. If there's a problem, I'll take another 4 bags to make it a full 10 bags. Let me know what you want to do. Thanks, Dale Roach

19. 31 Pump

31 Pump TS Member

0   0   0

Shootens, You are missing the joke. Reclaimed shot is obviously mixed. It is not sorted by size. That's why he was talking about the #8

Relax

Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.