1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reclaimed shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buck56, Aug 12, 2007.

1. buck56

buck56 Member

FYI, there is a good buy on some really good reclaimed shot at Triple H Gun Club in Indiana. Their selling it on ebay for $20 per bottle, but if you buy larger amounts I think you can get it cheaper. Looks like some pretty clean stuff to me. If interested I'd call John at 812-847-3340, won't last forever.

2. buck56

buck56 Member

They put 25lbs. in a 2 litter bottle, its mixed in size, but seems to be mostly 7.5 & 8. I know several people who are shooting it, don't hear any complants.

3. richrob

richrob TS Member

didnt see anything like that on ebay -Rich

4. new loader

new loader Member

Has it been cleaned & processed, or is it straight out of the ground, dirt & all?

5. buck56

buck56 Member

I think he said he was going to take it off ebay for awhile to take care of bigger orders. Its been on there for the last couple weeks. He had it on a $20 buy it now.

6. buck56

buck56 Member

I havn't shot a lot of reclaimed, but I think its pretty clean. I watch them clean some, they shake it on shaker screens, than they run it in front of a very powerfull fan to blow the finer material and dust away. Than they thumble it in a concrete mixer for about 20 minutes. I'd say its as good as you will find for reclaim.

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

John has a huge amount of shot on the ground. They've been scooping it up with a Case front-end loader. He has it on the counter in 2 liter pop bottles, what I've seen looked good.

8. buck56

buck56 Member

Triple H Gun Club e-mail address is triplehgunclub@hotmail.com

9. buck56

buck56 Member

I was at Triple H today, they still have some shot for $20. John said they were going to stop cleaning it for the year pretty soon. Good stuff, good bargin.

10. famill00

famill00 TS Member

This is what I have been shooting for a few months. This is really clean stuff. The last time we went we bought 25 bottles of it. For the money it cant be beat. For competition shoot new shot. Go there and shoot and eat at the restaurant...its really nice there.

Forrest

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

forgot to tell, When you use reclaimed shot it is 7 1/2 shot, 8 shot , 8/1/2 shot, 9 shot, some steel shot, cooper plated shot and assorted rocks and pebbles to shoot down that $12,000 trap gun barrel. lol

12. famill00

famill00 TS Member

smsnyder,
    I have loaded up about 300 lbs of this stuff now and have not found a rock yet. These guys understand what they are doing and they do it well. The vast majority of the shot is 7.5 I am a firm believer that if you just load it and then shoot it and dont think about it that it doesnt really matter that it is reclaimed.

Forrest

13. buck56

buck56 Member

If this isn't the cleanest reclaimed you ever shot, it isn't because they havn't tried to make it the cleanest. I've watched them clean it, they screen it, blow it, reblow it, tumble it, and bottle it. Its the best I've seen. And its not $37 to $49 ether. I don't think they are having any problem finding buyers.

14. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

15. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

16. buck56

buck56 Member

17. buck56

buck56 Member

18. missemucho

missemucho Member

I'd love to buy some of this, but I can't get them to return my calls or respond to my emails! I sent John an email with my address, credit card # etc 10 days ago and have heard nothing. Some of the shooters at our club have held off purchasing shot because I've been telling them about Triple H. We would buy at least a hundred bags or the equivelant if I could get them to send me a sample that checked out decently.

Are they still in business?
    John

19. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

missemucho, I send your post to John at the Triple H. The Triple H is still very much in business. I was there last Fri. and he has plenty of shot. I left him another 10lbs, he'll never run out. There must be a valid reason why you haven't heard from him, John's a pretty good guy.

20. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

With the price of Lead like it is now, all clubs should be planning a harvest next spring! You can also shoot more ducks!