1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaim shot ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Need opinion of reclaim shot---any down side?It probably has been mentioned before but I missed it---Thanks---George@SJB

2. warren

warren Member

I use it all the time can't tell the difference

warren

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I've used it from several different sources and have found no trash/dirt in it and will keep using it. I ran some of it through my cement mixer and added a dab of graphite and screened it to see if it had any trash and had none. I think it is a good value and will see no reason not to use it. Jackie B.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'm told that if some was reclaimed from skeet field that there will be a-lot of 9 shot mixed in and the wind will move it around---also the deformed shot will effect pattern---Just asking to get input----Thanks---George

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Problem with reclaimed shot is after three or four cycles of being reclaimed, shot, reclaimed, shot, etc, it starts looking really nasty and needs to be re-dropped. I use it for 16's and first shot in doubles. Real stuff for handicap and second shot.

6. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I think as with most things in trapshooting, If you are on target at the point of trigger (pull/release) it will break the target. My feeling is give them to the big boys without them knowing it and thier scores would be the same! I have shot good and bad scores with both new and reclaimed. However some reclaimed is better than others. It needs to cleaned, polished and graphited correctly.

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

It must be clean & watch out for steel. My Belgian Brownings & Win 21 vent rib trap do really well with that steel. Use a magnet & what else is in there that will hurt a good bore. OK for 12 ga & 1oz + loads that fill the pattern but how well will it work in 1/2 oz .410.

8. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Don't buy any sight unseen. If it is heavily oxidized, it will hang up in the loader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.