1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reciprocity-ccw

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Could someone guide me on how or what I would have to do to have the ability to carry in numerous states legally?! I am an Indiana resident. Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Try here.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Or here...

4. tcr1146

Thanks guys! I also keep hearing about the "Utah" permit which honors many more states? Any suggestion on where to find that?! Tom Rhoads

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Click on UT on the website in my first post - then look around in the page - you will see a link to this document download.

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Tom, the Gander Mountain here in Fort Wayne offers handgun classes to obtain the non-resident Flordia permit. Check with a Gander Mt. near you.

Wayne

7. primed

primed Well-Known Member

The Utah permit is about the best deal there is in the carry world. 35 states for 20 years for $96.00. If you go to the Utah BCI web site, you can find a list of Utah instructors in most every state. Utah has an endurance test. If you sit through the class to the end (recommended 4 hours or more) you will get your certificate (actually the application form with the instructors red stamp and signature). You can then apply through the mail. The first five years is $51.00 and each 5 year renewal is $15.00 if you renew timely. Also, you never need to take another class if you renew timely.

Florida covers the same states as Utah plus Florida and costs $117.00 every 7 years.

Many instructors are offering Florida instead of Utah because Utah requires instructors to re-certify every three years and recertification classes are only offered in Utah. Instructors do not need to be Florida certified for the Florida training. NRA or another state instructor certification will do. While the Utah permit is not a good deal for instructors, it is still a great deal for students. Utah does now require a copy of your home state permit to be submitted with your Utah application.

Bob

8. tcr1146

Thanks guys! That is what I was looking for! Tom Rhoads

9. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I wonder if I need to attend a class, I shot Expert and carried Expert Classification for 5 years and also graduated from the US Army Military Police School so I had classes on Lethal Force etc. I have a Indiana lifetime permit.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I thought the Indiana permit was honored by FL?

11. nmbunker

nmbunker TS Member

Make sure that if you are going to do a Utah class that your own state will honor it .. New Mexico does not.

To Sarge75X: Yup ... you gotta sit thru the class ... it's mostly a legal concepts deal and surely a liability deal as well.

I started out with a Utah permit and finally had to get my NM one when the public safety weenies here in the state got the Utah one not recognized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.