1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REcipe using Cheddites?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I've got about 10k Cheddites & am getting ready to start using them. Looking for a recipe for the following: 1) Remington Gun Club Hulls 2) Down range equivalents of TGT12 2) Claydot powder--Looking for 1 oz loads @ 1180--1200FPS

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I've always used the win209 data.

worked well for me.

tony

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I also used them back and forth with Win. 209s with similar data but my loads were never anywhere near maxed out. It doesn't sound like yours are either.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

May also add that I've interchanged the two with no ill effects. Like BDodd said, I don't load at maximum pressures either.

ec90t

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

17.5 to 17.8 grains of Clay Dot should get you in the ballpark with reasonable pressures using the Cheddite Primer. Double check the data and you might want to give Alliant a call to see what their take on it is. My records show 17.5 grains at a little less than 1200 fps in my shotgun. I did NOT test this load for cold weather performance. I usually put some in the freezer for a few days and run them over a chronograph alongside some at normal temps. I didn't do that with these loads, since I don't use a lot of the Cheddite primers anymore. The Winchester 209 did great when they were tested, and the velocities were pretty close to the Cheddites with Clay Dot. The Remington 209P primers actually show a little more pressure in the Alliant data, but still not anywhere close to being excessive.

6. 686

686 TS Member

you will also need 25 bags of shot

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I always keep at least 1/2 ton of shot, 20k primers , 15k wads ,32 lbs of powder in my inventory. May even get way more considering potential ammo taxes or bans.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.