1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recieved a Call from NRA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsid01, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I just recieved a call from a guy that said he was calling from the "NRA". Being an NRA member I am usually very cooperative with them when they call, but this guy sounded different to me. Mainly because he sounded black. Not saying that I am racist or have anything against black people. But you usually wouldn't expect a black person to call you from the NRA, especially after the election we just had. Before he said anything I asked him if he was an NRA member, he said yes. Then I asked him how many guns he owned, he said he didn't own any guns, but that didn't mean that he wasn't for our right of gun ownership. I told him he sounded like a hipocrit to me, the he said ok thank you and hung up. Then I called the number back that he had called me from and the company was called Strategic Fundraising. My point being that why would the NRA hire a company to do their telemarketing that had no idea about what they were for, and had people flat lie to their members.

Dustin Cole
    Concerned NRA Member
  2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    Although a Benefactor Member, I no longer donate money to the NRA. They have dropped the ball defending those they should have on several occasions. The NRA seems all too willing to take our money, but very unwilling to spend it when the anti's attack gun clubs and such.

Not only do we need an advocate for firearms ownership, but also for ammunition and a place to shoot. Will the NRA spend funds to prevent unreasonable taxes and restrictions on ammo? They let a local range spend $35K in legal fees to defend against a frivolous suit, and another one to the south of us get closed, without offering a dime.

I still donate quite a bit of time and resources to young athletes, as we all should do.

I am not impressed with the way the "new" NRA is run.
  3. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Jan 29, 1998

I agree completely with what you are saying. I realize that we desperately need someone to represent and fight for us .

I just cannot agree with some of the decisions the NRA makes I just get the feeling that they have changed their outlook about a lot of things to our detriment.

I think that we are about to face the biggest battles in the coming years that we have ever seen. I just hope they step up to the plate and represent us in the way I feel like they should.

I am usually a optimistic person but I am scared to death about what I think is going to happen to my country in the near future.

I am 67 years old and have belonged to the NRA for most of my adult life but I am going to be monitoring very closely their actions in these trying times.

I don't know if we can turn this around or not but I am willing to do my part if they will do their part which I feel like is to give it 110% effort.

We will see.

Jerry Walker
  4. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A quick Google search turned up mention of Strategic Fundraising and the NRA. It was less effort than jumping to a conclusion.

"However, the House Republican Campaign Committee's pre-primary financial report filed with the Campaign Finance Board does show disbursements to Strategic Fundraising totalling more than $80,000 from January through August of this year (pp. 100-101). The final payment listed in the report, dated August 10th, is also the largest, at $16,346.93.

According to information on Strategic Fundraising's website, the firm counts a majority of state parties, the Republican National Committee, the NRCC, and the National Rifle Association among its clients."

The NRA isn't going to fight every battle for everybody in every state. They aren't our mommas. Join your state organization or start one.

NRA Patron
    Member www.vcdl.org
  5. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I agree with johnBTthey cannot fight every clubs problem,they don't have the
    resources,there are alot of very good second amendment lawyers out there,the problem is the club philly lawyers who give bad advice and extend the problem
    to the point where it gets very expensive
  6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Support the only true force protecting your gun rights as a whole. The NRA I don't always agree with all their thinking but I can't do what needs to be done.

There are people in powerful positions that spend the greater part of their waking hours trying to make the people subjects and not citizens.

7. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The NRA has a lot of fish to fry and can not please every member about every issue, but there is nothing else out there that is as large and effective. I went from being a sustaining member to a life member last year. They will need every member they can possibly get this year.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    When the NRA calls me, I hang up on them ... I am a life member and have nothing to discuss with them anymore since I have notified them several (7) times to quit sending me renewal notices ... They keep sending them and I keep throwing them away, end of story ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2008
    I will never give my card # over the phone to any unenitiated call, never.

After the last phone call from the NRA, I no longer recieve calls from them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.