1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reciep for 1once trap load Help?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sagedog, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagedog

sagedog TS Member

Jan 10, 2011
    I got a great deal on ten bags of green duster waa12sl replacement wads. I am coming to the end of my cheddite primers and I have about three pounds of alliant promo powder left. I have a couple of bags of Northwestern mag. number eight shot. I would like to beable to use my wads, everything else I can change. I shoot a tm1 and do have some issues with flyers, so what is the best load for me? I will get my barrel tuned but that is a differant discussion.

Thanks for any help
  2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Knob Noster, Mo
    Second what Terry said, That is a good load.

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Sep 4, 2009
    The Alliant reloaders guide has a couple of 1 ounce loads using Promo and Green Duster wads in Rem STS cases, and a load or two using the AA12SL wads, which the manufacturer of the Green Dusters say you can substitute loading data on. For more information using the Green Dusters I would recommend you contact Alliant, and or the manufacturer of the Green Duster wads.
  4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    If, as you say...<I>"I would like to beable to use my wads, everything else I can change."</i>, the Alliant online reloaders database has lots of data for CB1100-12 wads (WAA12-SL replacements) with Promo and other powders as well. If, by "everything else", you mean you'll change primers and powder too, there are no problems I can see finding data for the WAA12-SL wads.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2006
    MK, What oldremfan is trying to tell you is that if the bags of green duster wads you have say WAA12SL on them it is OK to use these wads in any load you can find on any website and substitute these wads in place of the WAA12SL wad. and use that data. I have done this many times with the Claybuster 1100-12 wads in the past. If you go to Dusterwad.com this website will give you all the info you need for these wads you now have. Breake-m all. Jeff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.