1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recently diagnosed with RA anyone used a Biologic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I know this is not a shooting subject but I stand to get the best possible feed back from the gents that read these posts. Please PM me if you have had experiences with RA and biologic drugs and how has this effected your shooting. I found out the cost of these drugs and your could definitly get a high grade trap gun for a few months of treatment.Thanks for any replys

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If I knew what RA was I'd try to help.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rheumatoid arthritis?

4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

RA is a commonly misdiagnosed food allergy. My wife suffered for several YEARS and went thru a dozen different RA drugs with all of the attendant miserable side effects before we discovered the food allergy thing. Two WEEKS after she quit eating dairy products the symptoms had gone away. ALL of them.

RA is a boon to the drug manufacturers but a bit of time searching food allergies could take you off their list.

just a thought

Charlie

5. sx1

sx1 Member

I was on Remicade for my RA for seven years. It made shooting bearable. Warning, these drugs wipe out your immune system. I had cancer of the tongue and the surgeon told me that he is seeing an alarming increase in cancer in patients who use biologic modifiers. I no longer use these drugs.

6. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

First you need an RA doctor that knows what he's doing. RA is a symmetrical disease ( if you have it in the right wrist you will eventually get it in the left wrist ) and this symmetry is a good diagnostic tool. It took over a year to diagnose my problem because I had no other symptoms and no indicators in blood work etc. First go was with Enbril, self injected, once a week @ $400.00 a pop. Covered by Medicare except for the deductable so @400.00 a month until you hit the donut hole and then it's all on you. Finally started Remicade infusions once every eight weeks which are completely covered by Medicare. I could not open a bottle of water until I started these drugs. Now I have almost no pain and am back shooting again. For me they were a miracle. For your info I am a 1943 model.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

See a rheumatologist and then do the research on the treatments they recommend. I have seen a lot of people do well on Remicade. I personally do not have RA and have no experience with having the infusions. I work in a facility where it is done, and many people appear to be doing well with it. You need to have that discussion with your doctor and rheumatologist and then do the research.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.