1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Trap House and Field Cost

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadvail, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadvail

leadvail Member

Anybody build any trap fields/ houses recently at their club?

Cost? With or without volunteer labor.

Thanks, Bob

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Bob.... Cinder block traphouse with new electrical, metal, lift-up, light weight, roof, with hydraulic assist lifts, door, concrete floor, new base for trap, and all new concrete 36" wide walkways back to 28 yards....... $12,000ea.. Labor was 50% volunter and 50% contracted out... We did 4 of them... Dan Thome (Eel River Trap Club)

3. petey

petey Member

Bob, we put 2 new fields in with all concrete walk ways and concrete houses
    (poured in place)new wiring and lights. The only labor we paid for was the cement finishers and formers otherwise the rest was all volenteer help and
    equiptment.I think we could have saved a little with precast houses but if there is a bomb raid I know were I'm going! When it was all done I think we had around $27'000 in the two fields not including throwers.

If you shoot in the winter all concrete walkways are worth the extra $$
    I'm sure glad we did it.

Pete Rustad
    Deerfield Rod & Gun Club
    Deerfield WI.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here's a trap field walkways we refurbished. Poured 18 yds of 3500lb concrete about 6 inches thick. Did that to get it high enough you didn't have to wear waders every time it rained. All volenteer labor cost the club right at 2500 bucks.

Jim

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Trap%20Pics/?action=view&current=100_0315.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Trap%20Pics/?action=view┬Ąt=100_0383.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There are three ways to build your house. Prefab house, cinder block or have the forms put in and pour the walls. That is the best. As for the stations call you local cements places. In the past here where I live they always have extra cement on the trucks and they have to do something with it. They will give it to you free to get rid of it. Also keep your club on a list so if the cement co has a screw up of cement that a customer ordered and didn't like they can call you. Wire, buy it at the stores and or watch Craigslist and I have found the wire I needed for a job for far less then you could buy it. Same with the blocks. Watch for electicans going out of business. Lumber, just buy it new and use it that day so it does not warp on you. Just to let you know I built a workshop 24x36 for $16,000. Cement floor and metal roof.

6. 1dudley

1dudley Member

Trap2 - you have a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap field cost

trap field walkways