1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Shell Purchase

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks-trap-shooter, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

I know this is a long story, but I figured someone would appreciate it...and I didn't have anyone else to tell who appreciate it.

Friday night I drive to Joplin, Mo to pick up some shells at Academy sports. I had some time to kill and a few extra bucks. When I arrive, I am heartbroken at the price of everything. So, after about an hour of pilfering through all the flats of shells and scanning them at the price checker thing on the aisle, I find a few flats of Winchester super x for 39.99 sticker price but scanned at 59.99 (1oz. 3 1/4dr. 1290 fps). Therefore, I put two flats in my cart and a flat of AA super handicap for 58.40 a flat. I check out and have to go through the hassle of getting the right price, but no big deal.

Two days later, I go back down with my family and find that some other avid trap shooter must have found the same deal I did, the other two flats were gone. Spent another hour looking and found one flat of Winchester W Targets still marked 46.99 and some old stock AA light targets for 52.49. I asked about a coupon for the credit card and they gave me one for 10 bucks to use on my first purchase.
    When I go to check out, something was wrong. Somebody called the checker and told them to check the flats of shells. They must have gotten the impression that no normal person would go through and look at every flat of shells in the store without trying to steal something. But, after the headache of having the poor girl at the counter, who knew NOTHING about shotgun shells deal with all this, my transaction was complete.

Winchester Super X Game 1oz. 39.99
    Winchester W Targets 1 1/8 oz. 46.90 - $10.00 (36.90)
    AA Super Handicap 58.40
    AA Light Targets 52.49

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I took all the guns out of my safe yesterday and put my shells in it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.