1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RECEIVER ON 870 COMP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stainlessbt99, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

I WANT TO ASK . I HEARD THAT ON 870 COMPS HAVE A TENANCY TO SPLIT AT THE RECEIVER. I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD TO HAVE THEM MILLED OUT LIKE A 1100. CAN ANYONE HERE TELL ME DO YOU DO IT EXACTLY LIKE A 1100? OR DO YOU DO IT ANOTHER WAY. ON MY 1100 IT IS MILLED BACK FOR THE BOLT WHICH IS 1/4" A WAYS TO EJECT THE HULL THEN THERE IS A 1/16 SLIT BACK TO THE END OF THE RECEIVER. DO I NEED BOTH SLITS OR JUST ONE AND HOW FAR BACK AND WHAT SIZE. PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY WITH THE INFO.
    THANKS

2. mike b.

mike b. Member

I doubt if anyone knows for sure. Mine started cracking recenty and the group suggested drilling a 1/8'' hole at the end of the split. I don't think I'll do anything more unless it continues. Do a search on "mike b." and the 870 Comp question to see a photo. I doubt if anyone knows where a preventative slit should be placed. I'm on a Palm TX which limits an easy URL reference. mb

3. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

HOW FAR BACK FROM OPENING AND WHAT SIZE DRILL BIT?
    THANKS

4. mike b.

mike b. Member

This was not preventative, I had a crack. The hole was drilled at the end of the line. 1/8" bit was used.

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I'd magnaflux it to make sure you are at the end of the crack before drilling any holes. Where a crack ends can be deceiving. If you dont cover the end of the crack with the hole it will just keep going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.