1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Receiver Metal Tarnish/Oxidation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Redcobra, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I have a Guerini Maxum Trap Unsingle where the metal on the receiver tarnishes/oxidizes/rusts very quickly. I wipe it immediately after use and usually give it a quick spray of Ballistol.
    However it still goes off rather quickly.
    The web site says there is some kind of coating on the metal, but if there was something on it, it has long worn off. My Challenger does not have this problem.

What do you folks use to polish the metal, and what do you use to keep it shiny?

To be clear, I am talking about the metal on the receiver/sideplates, not the barrels or rib.

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Flitz, it'll keep it clean and put a protective coating on it. Follow instructions and you should not have anymore problems. Been using it for yrs. Roy

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Your gun comes with a lifetime warranty. The first step should be to call the factory and see what they want to do with it.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The factory should take care of it..its just a clear coat of lacaquer over the metal...Flitz used with a dremel tool felt buffing wheel will clean it up but it will just keep tarnishing without the protective coating restored

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

maxum shotgun is tarnished

tarnished shotgun receiver