1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RECEIVED MY BORE MIC TODAY WOW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wow the bore mic is beautiful. I spent a few hours in the shop with a friend and here is what we made. It does NOT come with a case and I needed something to carry it in. Nice job on the bore mic. thanks Motordoc

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

What make is you bore micrometer? Can you make those boxes more than one at a time conveniently? I would buy one.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Good job! Do this on a mill Motordoc? Make your set up and you could sell them to all the folks that are buying the mics.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I'd buy one.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

yea right. we had about 2 hours doing it. what could we get for them???? the hinge and the catch alone were 10 dollars. the wood is redwood and we did not figure that price yet. light for it's size. how about the milling time. yes we could make them. how many and we need to figure about 8 to 10 dollars for shipping so now we're about 25 dollars. we'll mske them. what can we sell them for again?? I bought the mic form unloader on this site and it is real nice. motordoc and you can write me at joe1234@ameritech.net

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

My 6" Custom Shooting Products barrel micrometer, with metal shaft, came with a wooden case with two hinges and a hasp. I fixed a place for an allan wrench. Guess that is pretty good and makes mine worth more than I thought it was. Ray.......

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Nice work. I use a 30" Perazzi barrel case for mine lol

fools everybody...

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Big M Perazzi:
    Now there's an idea. I have one laying around. It's a tad long for my Skeets bore mic but I guess I could always add some foam, eh?
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I bought a Stan Baker about 20 years ago, at that time they came in wooden box's. Motor doc, I would put 2 clasps on the box, one on each end to help the wood from warping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.