1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Received a nasty & unsigned letter today !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

DB Bill,

I obviously got the same letter, I read it and will ignore it because who ever sent it didn't have the cojones to sign it ... Did you also get the 3 pages of those Eastern Big Dogs letter ..? The people of California should be ashamed and embaressed by people such as who ever mailed this letter ... If there was something done that was against the rules of any organization they should of pursued it and followed up until it was corrected or they are just as wrong as the person they are accuseing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. JES

JES Member

I can not believe anyone would question Terry's shooting, check the Hall of Fame in CGSTA. He was the first person in ATA to break perfect scores in Singles, Handicap and Doubles in the same day!!! Prove something he doesn't have to I have the pleasure of watching him shoot and break 100's like most of us can only dream about. Being a shooter, he knows how important it is for a smooth running shoot to give anyone a chance at shooting their best. I hope you get the chance to shoot at Redlands, it is a great club, nice people, and great brownies. They can say what they want but he has proved he can shoot all I can think Jealous! They should be a shamed.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you got this in the US Mail? return address?

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

East Coast is a big State , give us all a postmark where it was mailed from at least ??? But given what you have , you must know who sent it .

5. AlanM

AlanM Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, nor do I care what the outcome is, but an unsigned letter isn't worth the paper it is written on.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was no return address on the letter I got and it was sent via the USPS ... Post marked : Santa ANA, California ... There was no state or states mentioned on the east coast, just some East Coast Big Dogs who supposedly penned the letter, that was included with a cover letter explaining another persons views ... I have no idea who would of sent this and do not believe it would be anyone I personally know because the people I know would of signed it and then sent it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Amazing isn't it, most of the trapshooters I know have been out of high school for 35 - 40 plus years, but there are still a lot of em who act like they are still there. Sending anonymous letters, ripping somebody? I don’t even think that is high school stuff, more like junior high school girl stuff. Example - She is fat, and wears off the rack Walmart clothes.............

Now saying that - 15 years ago a lot of Indiana trapshooters received a letter pertaining to the departure of a certain club manager. It was quite comical and I got a kick out of that one, but my comedy was at the expense of the parties involved.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Interesting scenario going on here.

If you are receiving letters in the mail, then it is someone who knows you. They also have access to your address. The normal Joe Blow wouldn't be able to get that info. So it must be someone that has access to your records, like maybe ATA records?

I would think that's enough for the CGSTA and the ATA to start an investigation and expose these chicken pluckers...

Kevin

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA web site has all of shooters information as does the yearly average book if you know what state they are from and initials or a name you can readily get the address information ... The letter I recieved was not threatening to me personally, but was what I would consider to be a personal attack on another mans ability, and Integrity to say the least ...

I am not involved with California shooting in anyway, shape, or form so for me to recieve such a letter is a waste of a postage stamp and effort to mail it ... I made statements based on what has been said on TS.Com about a certain individual and the fact that I feel this individual is a stand up person and thats still the way I feel about it and Terry Bilbey, though I have never met the man I like what he stands for if the things I have read are accurate by others who feel Terry is a stand up guy ... I cannot and will not make any statements of the accusations that are contained in the cover letter because I have no personal knowledge or way to prove them one way or the other ... Stand up for whats right, even if you stand alone, thats what my kind of people do and so far Terry Bilbey has done just that ... I respect any and all people who do that but have no respect at all for those who send out unsigned letters attacking any other man or woman ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Vickie

Vickie Member

You know what? All this crap has got to stop. These letters that have been sent out for the past two years about Redlands and Terry, are nothing more than crap written by selfish, sick and vindictive people, possibly on both sides of this argument, I don’t know. There was a letter sent out three weeks ago, signed by “the Deacon”. It was a bunch of crap also. There has been a HUGE amount of time and money spent by certain shooters investigating this, and after two years of private investigating, nothing has been proven, one way or another.
    This last letter accuses Eileen Williamson and Ray Brasser of being part of the “greatest” cover up, ever to hit the ATA. What about Neil Winston? The letter writers have failed to mention that he was sent out to Redlands by the ATA to investigate the trap setting ,the score keeping and all the improprieties that have supposedly taken place according to the rumors and stories that have been circulating. Neil Winston, one of the most respected past ATA Presidents, found nothing wrong with the traps, the trap setting, the record keeping, score sheets , the workers or the accommodations. He reported back to the ATA that he found nothing out of order and that Redlands was a first class facility.

That should have been the end of the story, but it keeps up.

All these letters are anonymous. No one signs their name, except those scribbled on the letter from Pennsylvania, as stated in another post. They have done nothing but hurt a lot of people and mostly, our sport. They have caused so much hatred and hard feelings between people who have been friends for years, that now they are enemies. We are all here on this site and at the gun clubs around the country because we love to shoot. We are losing gun clubs everyday and more gun rights by the minute. Someday there just might not be any trapshooting or gun clubs at all.

Someone knows who is writing all this crap, and maybe some of the previous posters indications have been pretty close. We all think we know who it is. This same stuff has been going on for years. Members of Tri County trap club were attacked for winning too many club trophies or for stating opinions. Remember Shifty? One of the informative shooters about postmarks on the other thread, even admitted to have used that sign on name years ago. Maybe a coincidence, but Shifty was the same kind of deal, un-signed, vile, disruptive remarks, hurting lots of people.

Whoever you are, if you have a complaint, file it. Sign your name, make it valid, make it credible. It will be investigated by the governing body and maybe all this will be put to an end. This is not helping any cause, except the side of “gun control”.

Vickie Larkin

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Vickie,

I have little doubt that more people will agree with what you posted than won't ... I don't know how I got involved because the only thing I did or said was Terry Bilbey is in my opinion a stand up type of guy PERIOD ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Hey 10 guns, here we go again!!!!!!

13. JES

JES Member

Hi Vicki,
    Hope to see you at Redlands, we can talk then. I just hate that California is looking like an idiot with this letter campaign. We are all not like that we just want to enjoy shooting and knock off the BS. Who ever this is could not possibly come forward now, with all the angry armed shooters involved directly or indirectly would you. Just a joke folks, because that is how I think this should be taken I have my thoughts and now believe it is more than one person this takes more than one moron could come up on their own and like the thread a few years ago with Burpgun got out of hand and Shifty. I would hope this too will pass. Jan Slough

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Maybe its time for the Village people to return..

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

This sick SOB has flooded Tri County members with his vile for many years. He seems to hate authority and anyone that is a successful shooter. Having been one of his targets ... also included were Jim Keller, Bob Slough, and Butch Watson ... I would love to find out who he is ... but I guess it will never happen.

This guy is a coward and in my opinion is lower than whale sh!!.

Si Allen

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hi Vickie,

I'm so sorry to see that you have to post on this type of subject. I'm sure that some of our State orginizations have some issues now and then, but I can't believe what pops up now and then on CA. What a shame!! Don't we all have better things to do with our lives than trying to tear the down good people who are working for the betterment of our sport? Somebody there needs to clean this up and put an end to the foolishness. " I have met the enemy, and it is us."

Best of luck to you. Bob

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

He's kinda like a PITA that won't go away. I'd wager a nickle to a dough nut hole he's reading this thread thinking how much more intelligent he is than the good folks he trashes. His name, Hymroid B. Deacon?

Hap

18. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I personally know Donald Duck and Abraham Lincoln and I know they would not be involved in anything such as this. Nelson Mandella, on the other hand, I don't know and he may indeed be behind this and using Abe and Donald's name.

19. JES

JES Member

Hoosier Daddy I agree and I can't wait for the next shoot at Redlands why do you all keep saying he could be a she just making light of an ugly situation. I do hope this is the end just have to wait and see. Jan Slough

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Why does anybody respond or care about anonymous letters. Just throw them in the shredder and quit talking about it and it'll go away. The writer is only wanting attention and when that's gone......he/she will be gone.

All of you that get these letters please don't feed this nutball's demented ego. Ignore the letters and remain silent so there is no buzz. Believe me, it might take a while, but it'll work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.