1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Recalimed shot ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I noticed the shot I reclaimed at our club has small flat spots all over, assume this is from compression. If you where to tumble shot in a cement mixer would it round it out? I just use a shovel and screen to reclaim shot.

2. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I doubt that it would do anything, I would just shoot it and pretend that it is brand new shot.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What we need is a resizing die for the shot. This will return the shot to its original shape. After screening, just lube with graphite and resize. HMB

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

Send me a couple bags even with flat pieces

Bill

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Nipper for what it took to get what I got, it cost about 80.00 bag. Heavy wooded and brush fall zone. My wife works nights so on Sat mornings I cant really stay around the house I keep her up. There is no trap shooting on sat. So I fool around reclaiming shot. I have plans for a sifter that may make it easier. I will try to get a few helpers next time out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.