1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebuilding a Citori

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I have a Citori that is ready for a rebuild. I know a number of places that can handle the work. Examples include Midwest Gun Works and Art's (Art Isaacson) both near St. Louis and both, I think, previously associated with Browning itself. Other examples include Darrell Johnson, owner of Spears trigger shop and our very own Doug Braker, aka GunDr.

Can someone with recent experience tell me what all is included in a rebuild? Is it limited to the locking block or is the forearm and a set of new springs usually included?

As a final question, do any of the 'smiths at the Grand perform these services?

sissy

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you are going to "rebuild" send it to a gunsmith that you trust and tell him to rebuild it!

It may only be the locking block, but it may also need springs and a few other things.

When you get it back, it will be like new!

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Here's a brief summary of a general rebuild.

1-The locking bolt(if top lever is to the center)will either be replaced or rebuilt (I rebuild).

A new bolt will cost approx $35, plus the time to refit it...properly, maybe an extra $65. Cleaning and oiling while the gun is apart may also cost extra.

Rebuilding the existing bolt will cost $125. This will also include the cleaning and oiling of the complete gun. I also examine the bbl's locking lugs with an opital comparator, to be sure the surface is flat and true.

2-If the gun appears loose and sloppy whle it's open, the forend lug on the bbl will be welded and the forend iron re-fit. This puts more pressure on the joint roll of the receiver, to "stiffen" it up. Any galling on the joint roll will be polished..within reason.

3-Mechanical parts will be examined for wear or damage, timing of the hammers cocking will be checked, along with the timing of the ejectors.

4-New springs will be installed (I charge just the cost of the springs if number one above is done at the same time) approx $50

5-Depending on how far you want to go with this rebuild, cosmetic changes can also be done, ie..rebluing, wood refinishing.

Doug

4. cbat

cbat Member

I just had my Citori rebuilt at Sycamore Hills in Victor NY. He (Frank) did a great job on the blue,resoldered the rib, electoplated the gold trigger, refinished the stock and replaced several internal parts. This came back as new! He was very fair on the price as well.

Here is a link to his website if needed.

http://www.sycamorehilldesigns.com/firearms.html

You will not be disappointed.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the responses and information!

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

citori locking lever replacement price

rebuilding citori