1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rebuilding a 9000g

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by weinerdog1, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weinerdog1

weinerdog1 TS Member

Has antone sent reloader back to mec for rebuilding? Is it worth it or just buy a new reloader.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Guys send 'em in all the time for repairs and rebuilds. It is well worth doing.

Matt

3. superump

superump TS Member

They quoted me 100.00 to 120.00 to rebuild and go over my old 9000G, just recently.

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You have a PM

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

theres nothing on it that you cant replace yourself and the exploded diagram and parts list from mec is easy to read. if you can reload, you can work on it yourself i would think.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you are mechanically inclined, you could try it yourself. If not, or you would like the factory touch, send it in and have them rework it. It is usually WAY less expensive than a new press. They have done two for me over the years that I though were too far gone and worn out to be saved. Both cost me way less than a new one and are still working just fine. They are a great company to work with. If you ever have any trouble with their service, they will bend over backwards to make it right.

7. 827cars

827cars TS Member

Called them this wk on mine .I was told 65.00 per hr ,normal build time was about 1.5 hrs., plus parts .Time down was about 2wk turn around.They will call w quote and approvale first.Mark

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

You can definitely take this on yourself.

I did, check the link above. It is a sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself. I took the option of powder coating mine.

If you decide to not do this yourself please give Birddog1964 (Lee) an email. He is our local thread MEC rebuilder. I have heard nothing bad about this guy.

Bryan

9. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I use one for 2-4 years,sell it, buy a new one,repeat. When I sell,they still perform very well. Just have to have a new one I guess. Clyde D

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I went to do a really good clean job on my older Grabber. I got out the carburetor cleaner and went after it.

What a mistake. It really did a good job but the paint nearly all came off and looked terrible.

I then decided to do a repaint and rebuild at the same time. I replaced the tall spring, got a few extra index balls, the part that has the roller on it, as mine looked like a H looking from the top as it had loaded thousands of shells, got a few primer springs and brass spring as well as new bottles and metal caps.

After it was all done it came out very nice. My paint was not quite a red as was new but looks good. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.