1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rebuild bt99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by melbournemike, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Is it feasable to rebuild an older bt99? I have a chance to buy one at a reasonable price ,$ 450,it is well used with who knows how many rounds through it, and want to know if it pays to buy cheap and improve or pay more for it to begine with! thanks for any POV

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

If you can get a good look at it, is it fairly tight? Does the thing have any bad places in the barrell? Ive seen some that were beat up pretty badly on the outside and were very good mechanically. Made someone a pretty good shooter, but was just butt ugly to look at. If it locks up good, and the lever is to the right, Ii could be a good deal. I'd bet that Gun Dr. on this site could give you a rough estimate on what it might take to fix it up if you could tell him what might be the problems with it.

Bob

3. Arkie

Arkie Member

I had mine rebuilt by Tom Larkin of MN. at the Grand for 150.00 locks up like new. He will take good care of you. Rick IL.

4. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Thanks for the info guys,the top lever is about 1/4in past center ,to the left,the barrell is in good shape and the wood is good w/adjustable comb I expect to at least put new springs in it,I am most concerned about the lock up and the lever can it be restored to the original right of center positin and how much will it cost

5. Arkie

Arkie Member

That is what a rebuild is new locking block and all the springs. The lever will be to the right of center when rebuild is done. Rick

6. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Arkie, do you have a link to the guy who rebuilt yours? It sounds like the way to go,phone num or email will be great.-Mike

7. Arkie

Arkie Member

I don't have his phone he goes to a lot of the big shoots in May at MO. June at IL. and Aug. at the Grand. Am sure he goes to other shoot. Some one on here should have his phone. Rick

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

send it to Doug GunDr. see his website above

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I will second it. Sent the gun to Doug the Gun Dr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rebuild bt99