1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebuild a Citori, cost?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BPSR, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPSR

BPSR Member

I've been looking at a used Citori trap model. I am dealing with a guy on the net, so I haven't actually seen/held the gun. He says the opening lever is dead center, instead of to the right as it should be. Can anyone here tell me about how much would it cost to make it right again? The gun appears to be a 1978 model by the serial number if that makes a difference.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The older models, that have firing pins serviced from the front, are hard to get parts for.

Best stay with the Invector Plus guns.

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

OK Just because the lever is dead center does not mean it needs rebuilbing or is even close. A rebuild should not be done before it is time too. The biggest indicator is the lever jumping on firing or the gun trying to break open upon firing. Nothing and I repete NOTHING will hurt this gun before it really needs a rebuild. Even when the lever does start to bounce upon firing, a new spring will get you more miles, as well, it is always good to run the locking bolt dry.

GS

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would not be too concerned about a lever in the center position. I would look for some play between the barrels and receiver when the gun is closed. Then I would shoot some heavier shells (Super Handicap loads) and see it the lever moved. With a very worn locking lug, the gun could open after shooting a heavy load. This can be distracting when shooting doubles.

Pat Ireland

5. BPSR

BPSR Member

Thanks for the advice, not sure if I will buy it or not. It's nice to know that it won't be too expensive to fix when the time comes if I get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rebuilding browning citori

rebuilt citori