1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebates are back !!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

For everyones info: Effective April 1,2011---Federal,Winchester & Remington have a $2.00/box rebate on their "Good" target loads limit 50 boxes or $100./ back

go for it

Phil Berkowitz

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I'd love to if I could only find someone locally that sells the premium variety for a reasonable price. No one around me carries more than a few boxes and then they are $9/box and up plus tax.

Anyone know of any around northern NJ or southern NY state?

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

All I can say, where does your club buy targets from? If you & or your club members can include your ammo & components with your target order you'll be way ahead of the game. No, additional, shipping, no sales tax, no haz-mat!!

Phil Berkowitz

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Tried that route with mild success. Last time supply was an issue and this time, I am gone on the delivery date so it would need to wait like 2 months and then the prices will probably be much higher.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

All I know I got 15 flats from the supplier that handles my local clubs targets order. I got Federals @ $71.00 & Winchester & Remington @$75.00/ before rebates---Thats ok in my ledger.

Phil Berkowitz

6. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

Target Sports USA has pretty good prices AND there is NO SHIPPING charge on cases.... so for me this is the cheapest way to buy cases.

Their website is: www.targetsportsusa.com

Rod in Big Bear Lake, Ca.

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Picture was taken at the Rock in September.

A couple of fellows from North of the Mason-Dixon line.

Steve Karas on the left and 635 G on the right.

Phil we hope you are liking Florida...

FRedmon

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Florida is great-but Freddy--sure wish there was a site like TarheelTrap in Fl--it would be a great asset to the sport in Fl--lots of snow birds & transients who would love to know what's up

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

BigBearRod, their prices suck. $70/case for Top Guns or Gun Clubs, no way.

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey - I could create you a thread in the Lodge and you could keep it up to date.

You could call it the Weekly Snow-Blurb..

FRedmon

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thanks FRed,give me a heads up & I go with it

Phil

12. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I started looking for premium shells at a price worth working on to do all of the requirements to get the rebate. Did it 3 times the last couple of rebates and I like saving $100 per 5 flats, but hard to find the premiums at a decent price sometimes. I found my local Walmart in Victoria, Texas had the Nitro 27 (8's and 7 1/2's) for $6.27 per box !!! I even had them "scan" them to make sure, and he said yes; "How many do you want?". I said everything you have and if you have any in back I would take those too. Long story short, he only had 20 boxes, so I bought them, then went across the street to Academy "thinking" I could get them to price-match Walmarts sales slip. The sales rep behind the counter couldn't tell from the sales slip what type of shell I purchased, and asked if I had the boxes in the truck to going along with the bar codes. I told him I would go bring in a box of each and he said he would get with a manger while I was doing that. When I showed him how the shells were what I was talking about (they had lots of flats of the Nitro's and STS's, but at $7.69 per box) the rep said they would NOT price match unless I had some type of printed picture ad of the shells I just bought. I just said, y'alls loss, because I was going to buy another 30 boxes from them, but I will go back to Walmart on the way home today and see if they re-stocked their shelves. Mike* (MH*)

13. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

vpr80 - Thats $7 a box, no tax ( 9+% where I live ) and no delivery charge. The nearest place to me to buy ammo is 45 miles, cost of gas, ect. I think $7 a box delivered to my door is pretty good. Just my opinion. Rod

How much does everyone pay????? I'd love to know where to get a good deal.

14. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

Rebate website: http://www.winchester.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/pdf/special-offers/2011AAPromo.pdf

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Like Paul Harvey said on one of his "Rest of the story",

Rebates are a marketing scam! If a company can offer rebates, they can sell that product at the price minus the rebate amount, AS the regular price!!

The percentage works in their favor, they are banking on the number of people WHO Won't send in the rebate claim!

16. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Stopped by last night and bought 5 cases of Federal Targets for $52/case plus 7% tax. That's the cheapest I've seen them in a long time.

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

While it is true that the manufacturers bank on people not following through, if you do follow through you benefit. It is a shame that you have to jump through hoops to get the right price. Just like at the grocery, if you do not have "their" card, they don't give you the right price. I have always sent out the rebate as some as I got home, and never been burned, even if it takes a long time.

18. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I usually buy Gun Clubs at Dick's. With the rebate, it
    comes out to $4.95 a box.

19. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Virtually ALL shells going up 10-15% May 1st. Buy them while you can.

20. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Does anybody know if the FED rebate applies to TOP GUN or just the Gold Medal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.