1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

reasons to delete (or not) your posts herein?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

I don't delete mine because I'm too lazy to go back and look through them.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Im sure others will agree with you John but I don't delete mine unless someone makes a thread and then after they get it going and have replies to it then they delete theirs then the thread makes no sense at all.

I have one like this right now I noticed my name is on top of the thread and I wasn't the one started it so I might delete mine on that one since it looks like I made the first post.

I can't understand why someone would want to start a thread and then jump ship I would rather have the one that made it to email the moderators and just pull the whole thing off instead.

Anytime I do delete some and if I know it will make the thread look stupid then I will make a post saying im deleting it like if I was having a bad day and the next day I relized I said something I shouldn't have then I will say I deleted it because of what ever the reason.

Has anyone ever went to the search feature to look up some good info on something you want to know about then when you start reading it and all of the info has been deleted so this is what im saying of course a lot needs deleting but I think a thread giving good info should be left intact because new people might want to know the info on the old threads.

So until David tells me to delete then I will just leave them be.

Foggy

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I do not delete my post because people can go back and read what I have been selling, writting and see how or judge how I do things. If I do delete a post I will post a reason for doing so.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I mostly delete mine to drive Des'pencer crazy.

Neil

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

if I leave something on for a period of time and use a lot of "ups" or "top" I will go in and clean them out to shorten the thread. I aldo try and erase any double entries that i make. Guess it's the old "clean up you act deal". Motordoc

6. incognito

incognito TS Member

Mine self-destruct automatically. I don't have to do a thing!

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

24STR8:

The part I was talking about having the one that made the thread to begin with to email to have the whole thread pulled if he was to delete his opening post then a lot of times the whole thread don't make a lot of sense after the first one is gone so might as well [cann] the whole thing and then ask the same questions in another new thread for the 100th time.

Fog

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The only time I delete is if I make a boo boo when sending 1/2 a message or something similar. There have been times I've asked for a person to contact me and, when it works, I'll ask that the whole thread be cleared as no longer necessary. I do not like having a question asked then deleted so that the whole thread seems senseless - my personal hangup; kinda like announcing "shoot at Springfield this weekend" when there's a Springfield in nearly every state....Bob Dodd

9. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

To be truthful, I never even thought about any need to delete posts except when I have double entered one or the error that came up made it double post. If it's useless banter, I guess it's fine to delete old stuff. I guess I'm thinking in regards to useful information for shooters that do a search. Then deleted posts make the reading kind of non-sensical. I seriously doubt a typical server handling this volume would be affected by much extra stuff.

all the best,
    john

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I am going to delete my post on the Dog thread that Bruce Balls made about shooting his old friend the dog with 7.5's or a rifle bullet it was the one that caused all the stink and then he went and deleted his post after making the thread and my post was the first one then.

Well like I and even Bob Dodd said he hates having a question asked and then the one that made the thread deletes it and makes the thread look senseless.

So that is what the dog thread looks like now since Bruce didn't have the balls to leave it on.

So that is why im deleting mine.

By the way I was right in the first post I made about I thought he was trolling which he was.

Foggy

11. Janet

Janet TS Member

I know how to delete my posts but, how can someone else delete mine??

Duh, remember I'm blond. Don't yell at me. L.O.L.

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Janet:

Nobody else can delete yours unless they know your password so I would say the moderator's and the Owner of the site can.

That is the only ones I know that could do it and even the whole thread.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.