1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REASON TO HAVE A GUN IN YOUR HOME

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lkn4rocks, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Listen to this 911 call and now you will understand the reason to have a gun in your home.

Listen to the dumb questions being asked by the 911 operator.

http://www.break.com/index/husband-shoots-burglar-during-break-in.html

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

I've got hundreds of reasons why I have many guns in my home.

3. Janet

Janet TS Member

Because I can - God Bless America

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I recently sold my 9mm auto and purchased a Military style 1911 45acp because if i shoot I want him to go down, and a 45 takes them down that is why it was developed, the japanese soldiers would get high and you shot them but they kept on coming. The 45acp was the answer for stopping power.
    I keep mine very handy.

Dr.longshot

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

dr. longshot, if you can shoot that pistol as good as your Seitz, I won't be entering your home in the middle of the night anytime soon! LOL. See you sometime this fall.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

Yes Dr. Longshot - the 45 ACP is a wonderful "negotiator". I have a number of them - some are target guns. My bedside gun is the XD - 14 rounds of "persuasion". I also use it as a carry gun when I can dress for it.

don

7. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

An Army officer - in uniform and just back from Iraq - was looking over some guns recently at Cabela's. He explained that the troops prefer .45s over the 9mm. As he said, when you enter a room and a 'bad guy' is there, even with 'double taps' into the guy - there were too many 9mm hits that did not put the guy down. He said you can't afford to pay attention to the guy going down...you shoot fast then look around for other guys in/around the room. With the .45 there is much more certainty that you did the job. Chilling conversation with one of America's best...obviously he had seen his share of results. Best Regards, Ed

8. The Stive

The Stive Member

The husband did the right thing by shooting the intruder. The 911 operator
    was sure taking his time. Before he would have sent any help, those people
    could have been killed. John

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ahh yes... Words from somebody who has been there and done that. Jeff

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

There is NO federal or state law or regulation requiring law enforcement to protect any individual. It is up to the individual to protect themselves and their loved ones, and innocent third parties. GOOD JOB!

ANY QUESTIONS?

11. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

We keep a loaded 357 3" revolver 5 shot on the stand between us in the bedroom. The 357 is loaded with 158 grain jacketed hollow point. I know they shoot through walls and things. So do 45's. To bad if there standing on the other side of a wall or door and I know there are there. And I know they are someone I don't know. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

12. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

That tape shows why you should have a gun in the house and what kind of people the 911 center is hiring. Yeah lady, you THINK you have someone braking into your house. Sad but true.

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Blow the bastard away and let somebody else sort out the details! Is that a good enough reason?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reason for haviung guns