1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Really US Military Bases Gun Free Zones

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by thunder, Sep 17, 2013.

1. thunder

thunder Active Member

I just heard Ollie North make this statement:

President Bill Clinton signed the law in 1993 US Military bases were made effectively gun free zones. That is why no one shot back for 7 minutes until military police arrived from the barracks or local police arrived.

This is why shootings occur in gun free zones. Here comes the attack on the 2nd amendment again, when the attack should be on stupid laws like the one listed above.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Someone educated past their intelligence CAN'T comprehend that simple of a concept!!

Nor this one, being able to defend one's self, is better then any number of LEO's or military present. OUR Founders understood!!

Its all about making their miserable souls feel better.

Even though they have created a bigger problem.

If you remember back when the Marine Barack's got truck bombed, the guards had AR'S in their hands but weren't allowed to have ammo. Couldn't stop the driver!

Liberalism is a disease!

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Timberfaller....I agree with all your statements except the third sentence. Its not to make them feel better. Its about achieving their goals whatever the cost. They actually believe the goal reached is worth the lies and deceit they use to achieve it. They will blame the gun...not the system whereby this nut was overlooked and penalties were not imposed for gun violations he made and red flags in his work and personal history. Your most profound sentence is the end sentence climax! ed

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I heard a lady from the DC police today on the radio, say that there was no AR involved it was a shotgun

And everybody said shotguns would be safe

They don't want gun control they want total control

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

WTF??? Gun free military bases? I just don't get it......none of it!

D.P.Reynolds

6. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

And once a shooting occurs...the first call they make is for someone with a gun.

7. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Sheep to slaughter.

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its been fun listening to all the "retired" service people getting interviewed today!!!

When asked how did this guy(shooter)get to the forth floor and kill so many. Most responded, you can thank Pres. Bill Clinton!!

The chickens have come home to roost!!

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    SOME of you have advocated appeasing the anti's by giving up certain guns. So we expect you to now take one for the team and advocate giving up your pump shotguns.

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I went on active duty March of 1977. Guns were not permitted on base CONUS, if not a part of your official duties--i.e. security police.

I for one wouldn't want a bunch of 18 to 20-somthin unqualified squids and zoomies runing around base with a loaded weapon.... that's just me.

Yes they take away a service member's carbine and side arm when they are not on duty or posted to a combat zone and lock them up in the armory under strict control. Have for years, even before Slick Willy.

Guy B.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

When I was in the USAF from 72-76 we could have guns on base but they were supposed to be locked up in the armory

But everybody had guns and very few were locked in the armory and we weren't very discrete about having them, and I never heard of anybody getting in any trouble with it

And nobody got shot either

The problem with the country is we used to be taught morals and ethics, now they are teaching diversity and tolerance, the latter is a path to doom