1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Really Joe!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by over the hill, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Good heavens.....Did Biden say something meaningful or is my hearing waning??

You want a defense gun, buy a shotgun.....Joe Biden said.

First time I recall where his foot is where it should be.

Regards....Gerald

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I have to disagree.

If you want a duck gun buy a shotgun...

If you want a defense gun...You should be able to buy what ever you are comfortable with.

I don't tell that bimbo what car to buy, he does not need to tell me how to protect myself and family.

Wayne

3. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Saiga 12!!!!!!

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I like my shotguns like I like my rifles...semi auto! Maybe we'll get lucky and that goober will have forgotten which end the bad stuff comes out of when hes looking down the big dark hole to see if his shotgun is loaded,.. DUH? Bang!! Flop Thud

5. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

As for Joe's advice. A 12ga with 00 Buck is going to stop most bad guys. The only problem is it'll stop people 2 rooms over too and a slug will go even further. Now let's talk defense loads. Mixed loads work best indoors.

Light AR bullets fragment well when hitting anything and Handgun loads lose stream after hitting just about anything unless its a hot round like a 357 125gn load.

Still want as many rounds as possible.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And the irony is he's trying to ban shotguns.

So Joe, tell me this... You OK with my carrying a shotgun to the mall for self-defense?

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

you don't need 00 buck, a 1oz skeet load would mess'em up pretty good!

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This is poorly written, but supposedly is what was said.

"Biden: Shotguns Safer Than Assault Weapons

Thursday, 24 Jan 2013 07:26 PM

By Christiana Lilly

In his campaign to reach out to the pro-gun community, Vice President Joe Biden reached out to the most extreme: doomsday preppers.

In an online Google+ discussion on gun violence, a blogger asked Biden how the rights of those who prepare for extreme emergencies aren’t being trampled on with his gun safety legislation. The vice president responded that shotguns would be the weapon of choice.

“Guess what? A shotgun will keep you a lot safer – a double-barrel shotgun – than the assault weapon somebody’s hands who doesn’t know how to use it,” Biden said. “You know, it’s harder to use an assault weapon and hit something than it is to use a shotgun, ok? So if you want to keep people away in an earthquake, buy some shotgun shells.”

“Doomsday preppers” are described as individuals who prepare for societal collapse due to natural, economic or wartime disasters by stocking up weapons, food and other supplies.

During the discussion, Biden also explained his views on the Second Amendment being that individuals have the right to own a weapon for self-defense, hunting and recreational shooting. However, he said he didn’t believe the right is extended to automatic weapons.

“Just as you don’t have an individual right to go and buy an F-15 if you’re a billionaire with ordinates on it, just like you don’t have a right to buy an M1 tank, just like you don’t have a right to buy an automatic weapon, those judgments have been made that there is no societal, no reasonable societal justification or constitutional justification for owning them,” Biden explained.

Biden admitted that new gun safety laws won’t solve all crime, but feels that large-round magazines simply aren’t necessary."

Bob Falfa

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I recently shot an English Mastiif at point blank range through her heart and lungs, with two rounds of full house Remington 00 buck. Exactly 1 pellet made it through her and it merely rolled across the floor. I have first hand proof that 00 buck does not have the penetrating power many believe.

10. skeezix

skeezix Member

Someone should have asked him if it would be ok to cut the bbls to 12" and cut the stock down.

11. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Easy. Pose or be seen with the shotgun to get votes. Get elected and get government defense for free. Then take away everyone elses guns and voila, Biden's rules for self defense book comes out a year later.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Somebody should tell that arrogant, fake-toothed, hairplugged, plagiaristic douche nozzle that shotguns are used in more murders in this country than the "assault rifles" he's trying to ban. In fact, more than all kinds of rifles combined. Click the link for proof.

It amazes me that our society no longer requires its leaders or role models to have any reasonable level of knowledge or credibility about whatever subject they are running their mouth about. Even Bill O'Reilly exposes his ignorance by talking about "machine guns" and "clips" and "people buying bazookas."

-Gary

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

He is just repeating what he heard in the UK!!

You can have your shotguns but everything else has to be turned in, then we'll come back for them!

14. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Biden is no more than obama's puppet on a string! Not even smat enough to know how to load any gun period!!! Mabe he should be on duochestine list!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.