1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Really good shooters IRRITATE ME!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have shot for several years now and have been fairly successful. I constantly hear excuses for poor scores; wind was too hard, low light, targets too fast or too slow, targets too high or too low, too hot too cold, too much noise, squadded too early or late, glare of winshields in my eyes, ad infinitum!

What really irritates me is that the good shooters hit all those targets too! It just ain't fair!

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

Jim

You are incorrect. The great shooters hit those targets.

The good shooters need all the excuses because someone asks them "What happened?"

The average shooters know no one expects much from them, so they don't need excuses.

Don Verna

3. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

I just laugh when I hear this stuff. You will never hear the same guys say " did you see the wind blow that target into my shot?"

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The great shooters go out to the line not thinking about anything. They are going to break every target, because they are concentrating. The others go out there thinking of the wind, light, speed of the target etc., and the results are predictable. So are the excuses.

5. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Here is the DIFFERANCE---The differance between a good shot missing and a poor shoot missing is this---A good shot will accept the fact that sometimes your'e not going to hit and will banish a miss from his mind. Then he will resume hitting again. A poor shot will obsess about it. He will suffer from insomania, weeping fits, incontinences, dadruff, and the leaping fantrods, and lose whatever shreds of confidence he might have had. And of course, he will go on missing.

Good shots don't really believe they can miss. Poor shots don't really believe they can hit.

Trap-4

6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

What is a leaping fantroid??

7. twotimer

twotimer Member

Good question Jim, is there a season on them? Mike

8. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Jim I thought we were friends, sorry I IRRITATE you, Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.