1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Really, Danny, really?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And another Hollyweird celebrity shows how little intelligence he actually has.

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

By Timothy Dionisopoulos, on Jan 18, 2013

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

Actor Danny Glover told students at Texas A&M University the intent of the Second Amendment was to protect slavery.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Director of Texas A&M’s Memorial Student Center, Luke Altendorf, told Campus Reform on Friday that the university was unaware of Glover’ talking points prior to his speech.

“I had no idea, we really didn’t know that topic was coming up,” he told Campus Reform. “Someone was asking a question about activism, I think that’s where some of that came from.”

Altendorf declined to say if, or how much the school had paid for Glover’s speech, but said student fees were not used.

WATCH: Danny Glover says the Second Amendment was crafted by America's founding fathers to protect slavery

In the past, however, the university paid Angela Davis and Harry Belafonte $25,000 for their speeches at the same event.

Altendorf also defended the school’s decision to host those controversial speakers with university resources.

“We didn’t feel those speakers you are referring to are bad decisions on these topics because we want to foster discussion,” he said.

The video recording of the event was captured by members of a student group, the Texas Aggie Conservatives (TAC). That group has also created an online petition blasting Texas A&M’s for it’s speaker selections.

Eric Schroeder, chairman of the conservative group, called the event “outrageous.”

“It should be a time for real reflection and respect,” he said referring to the memorial breakfast for King. “Instead, the university pushes a political agenda.”

Schroeder also called on university President Bowen Loftin to make up for the event by inviting a conservative speaker of equal star power.

“We expect President Loftin to stand by his commitment to diversity and fully support our efforts to bring in a conservative speaker to provide an alternative to Mr. Glover’s far left message” said Schroeder.

Follow the author of this article on twitter: @TimPDion

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Danny obviously played a ton of hookie during history class

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

That has been coming from the anti-2A crowd for the last week or so.

It has it's genesis in the paper at the link above.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yep...I hear the sharks in the Atlantic Ocean to this day still swim past Savannah, waiting for the sound of gunshots and the subsequent 'plop' of fresh meat in the water.

My Black Studies teacher tol' me so it must be true.

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Another over paid Hollywood liberal dumbass.

6. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I bet Mel Gibson could find Danny Glover's house and give him a history lesson. I hear Mel has a bad temper.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Good research work V10. thanks for that

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Some of the rest of the story related to "The Hidden History of the Second Amendment" is covered in this <a href="http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/from-fertile-to-fertilizer-a-debunking-of-the-revisionist-history-of-the-origins-of-the-second-amendment/" target="_blank">blog post</a> by Bob Owens.

9. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

That's just WIERD...!!!!
    Where do those kind of thinkers even come up with that kind of stuff..????

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Carl Bogus is a super-liberal and Professor of law at Roger Williams University. His position allows him to cherry pick the parts of history that meets his agenda. That article is well written, but by no means the entire story of the second amendment.

Wayne

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

So following Glover's logic, this whole process of Obama gun control is just a means of disarming the non-slaves?

Bob Falfa

12. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Racism is dead? Several years ago black comedian Chris Rock used in his act."there ain't nobody more prejucidest than a 50 year old black man" I think he is correct.

13. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

The RACIST Danny Glover says the second amendment was to protect folks from slave uprisings.....well what the hell does he think the street gangs in all of major cities are. Uprisings of the lawless against anyone in their way. And I would ask him what the homicide rate was when slavery was practiced. ed nichols

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Uprisings from Indians,,,,,,,so let me get this straight,,,,,,the white man brings the musket to America and then comes up with a way to keep them from getting them,,,,,,,,then why when the white settlers in the "wild west" sold guns to the Indians,,,,,,,did they not get prosecuted for violation of the 2nd Amendment,,,,,,,these Hollywood idiots spend TOO much time in make believe............

15. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Danny Glover was not there. How could he possibly know what the intent was. It is simply his opinion..nothing more unless he has facts to back it up ..and since he is such a history scholar he should be able to answer other questions. Guns are bad but ok if I am making millions using them in a movie or in the hands of street gangs who shoot each other and innocents as long as they are the right demographic. Rapper song lyrics calling for the killing of cops is ok because feedom of speech is guaranteed. ed

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Bet the phone calls between Glover and Belafonte are interesting.

Bob Falfa

17. drgondog

drgondog Member

My Aggie buddies with big pockets are in a towering rage over this complete slap in in the face.

I reminided him that Glover might be greeted with great enthusiasm in Austin.

18. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Actually the roots of gun control in America go back to the Democrats in the south trying to keep weapons out of the hands of the new'ly freed black slaves to keep them defenceless against the KKK (the terrorist arm of the Democratic party).

19. JH

JH Well-Known Member

He has the urban-centric "keep all guns away from gangbangers so black on black crime will stop" perspective common to many anti-gun African-Americans......

It is very easy to externalize the problem and not deal with the endemic problems of urban blacks......

There is much "cachet"in demonizing the NRA, hunters and gun owners among the Hollywood pseudo-intellectual (deluded narcissist) crowd....

Danny boy, why don't you talk with Bill Cosby about the TRUE FACTORS involved in the destruction of young black men....

Quit acting like a blame-shifting, shallow and uninformed Hollywood has been...

20. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Bill Cosby knows the score, Glover is just an ignorant idiot...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.