1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Really big bead on K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jls7522, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jls7522

jls7522 Member

I have a K80 with the really large bradley type front bead (as most of them do I think). I would like to stay with the Bradley type bead but go to a smaller version. Can you do it yourself? Where can you buy a smaller one? Any other thoughts?

2. jls7522

jls7522 Member

I have sent Chris an e-mail and will try calling today. Any other thoughts?

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have done this on a # of my guns. I agree about the bead being obtusive. The thing to know is the thread dimentions. It could be 3 x 56 or a mm dia. Call Ottsville & get that info. Call Brownell's & get the bead. Maybe Brownell's can do this directly. I usually pull mine & measure thread sizes. You can put some penetrating oil on the bead,tap the top GENTLY a # of times with a plastic hammer & use a small pair of parallel jaw pliers. Use tape on the bead sides to prevent marrs. Also order the proper tap to chase the threads. I like to slowly grind the tap tip off to get a true bottom tap. Just be careful when starting the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.