1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Real SBT guns are not combos with a single barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Good morning saw a post about SBT guns and decided to voice my thoughts about them. I always thought of a SBT gun as a BT 99 or Stietz Afferman TM1 or TMX type of gun. Other guns with a single barrel but can also have o/u barrels should have some other name combo is correct if you have both barrels they are not pure SBT guns and have a different feel and balance . I have both so am not being picky it is just when I think of a SBT visions of Ithaca and Parker singles come to my mind slim and sexy point like an arrow. Back in the 1960's when I started shooting if you had a Ithaca or Parker Single you were at the top of the trap world I would look at them and say one day I will have one and that day came and I was not disappointed. I shoot mostly TM's and BT 99 but my Cole is my favorite gun I have a bad left hand from a motorcycle accident so need a gun with a top lever to open with my right hand so I got the Cole pulling back a whole trigger housing to open a gun is not something I can do with ease so Cole it was and I am as happy as I can be. I was shooting a ljutic at the time of the accident and had to trade it off for a TMX so I could open the gun again with my right hand and I do miss my Ljutic I had waited many years to get one but the TMX has proven to be a wonderful gun and I am pleased with it also. Sorry for the long rant but I'm down with the flew and bored out of my skull.
    Sorry' Buddy

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Buddy.. Hope you feel better.. All Good.. Mike

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Sorry you are down with the "flew", but better than going down the "flue", but I feel bad that you might have the "flu"...but you can take all of this ragging re. spelling 'cause I know that one day I'll get mine for a spelling error and that we are both happy Bill Cole SBT Shotgun owners.

Rest well and hope the boredom passes soon.

David
    Bill Cole SBT #48

4. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

OLE ONE EYE................Buddy "ole boy"...sorry to hear about your Flu or whatever. There are things you do that make me think it could be something else.....The Center for Disease control has released a list of symptoms of bird flu. If you experience any of the following, please seek medical treatment immediately: 1. High fever 2. Congestion 3. Nausea 4. Fatigue 5. Aching in the joints 6. An irresistible urge to shit on someone's windshield!!!!!!!!! ..have a good day.....your Pal RUN'EM

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A full target box of once fired Federal paper hulls will make you feel better..

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Thanks guys I feel better all ready and Chango2 I have number 49. Kolarpole I just decorated you front steps at the Dollar from 50 feet if I only could shoot that well.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Chango2, so, you've become a spelling guru. Say it ain't so......

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Spelling guru? Nah, just recognized some errors and since I depend upon spell check and am a bad speller, I had poor self control and typed something critical.

I've not been at TS.com for a while; been out of town and the computer is acting up with crazy bot programs etc. Need a computer guru or...need to reformat this thing.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You mean I can't get a 2 piper for my BT-99? Shucks!

HM

10. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I'm with you Old On Eye

I started of shooting a 686 and when I went to a BT99, I was so much happier with shooting Singles.

there is just something about having the right tool for the job.

11. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Hi Buddy, sorry you are down with the flu. I've been down with a bad back so neither of us have been shooting. The Super X barrel is working good, when I get to use it.

I agree with you about the SBT versus the combo guns. I have both also and like them for different reasons.
    The Cole guns are great guns. I knew Bill, he was a grand gentleman and made a fine gun. He is missed.

Hope you get better fast. I think I have some more down time.

Ajax

12. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

Sooooooo, an MX15 is NOT a SBT because it has two firing pins? Any semi-auto IS because it only has one firing pin? Spring has been way too long coming for some of you.

13. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I too seem to shoot a SBT better than a combo, it's hard to let my Kolar unsingle set while I shoot my 90T, but that's what's working for me right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.