1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Ozzie Down Under Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lytnin1, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

A few weeks ago Aussie Dan posted pics etc of shooting trap at Australia's premier shooting venue [our Nat. Grd at Wagga Wagga NSW] . Here are some pics of a small club some 90 miles NW of Wagga. A small town called Barellan, population less than 300 people and mostly dry area farmers of about 3000 acres av. 50 miles from nearest river and they grow mainly wheat and wool. Barellan was where a lady [who could weild a tennis raquet] Yvonne Goolagong[ Cawley] was raised and another woman who could do a bit in the water, Olympic swimmer, Dawn Fraser once owned the pub.
    You probably will never see these shooters at your Grand, but they are the heart and soul of Aussie shooters and the small club shoots monthly , except Dec and January when most of them are harvesting their crops or it is too hot[ over 110*F} If ever you are at Wagga for a shoot , we shoot 2nd Sun,@ 1:00PM
    On this day, the Barellan Masters Games were shot, it was 98*f
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Thanks for the pictures!!!

Those are some narrow concrete pads....

FRedmon

3. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

FRedmon, I forgot to mention that this club is one of the oldest in NSW , and pads/tracks have been down prob over 65 years.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good stuff. What's the biggest trapshooting club in Australia?

5. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Great to see a good ol' gun club. Bet that's a fun bunch. :)

6. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

Barry. in terms of layouts, probably the National Grd, Melbourne, Cecil Park[Sydney] ,West Australian [ Perth]or Roma[ Queensland]. In terms of numbers, Sydney, Cecil Park or New South Wales would be at the top I would say.
    Leteralist, they sure are a fun bunch, many nationalities too !!

7. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Great pics lytnin!!! I cut my teeth at a small club called Crookwell, between Goulburn and Bathurst. My folks also live at lightning ridge, I've shot there and at brewarrina too, clubs that look a little like yours.

Keep up the good work!

8. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

Aussie Dan, I was the sec. for L/R GC for a couple of years and I installed the lights and power there. If you shot at Crookwell and the Ridge you would know the Power boys. I was with a mob called NorthPower up there.

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Lytnin you must be Charlie? My name is Danny Power, Mat and Nathan's older brother.

10. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

that is what shooting is about, great salt of the earth people. we [ my now ex wife and kids and two labradors] travelled round aus for 12 months and shot at heaps of little clubs and loved everything about them, friendly people and great times..... should have stayed travelling probably still be married.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Now that's a fancy clubhouse, Y'all barbecue any Kangaroo down under?-----LOL -----Really though, a neat little club. I'll have to go down under some winter. Is it a hassle bringing a shotgun into the country?

12. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

shot410ga, a lot of Americans and New Zealanders, as well as Brits and others do it regularly so I don,t know of any hassles, But we don't mind lending guns either. BBQ ' roo is one of the best meats there is as well as topknot pigeons

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great pictures, Thanks wish I could join you. Regards Dave

14. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

Aussie Dan, did you get the PM i sent ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.