1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ready to try trap, need trap shooters thoughts !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by daydreamer1, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

well, i think i am ready to try shooting trap and sporting clays.i shoot most of the time skeet. i know what you are thinking, but i am ready to come to the dark side and have some more fun and try these two games. my question is can i use a citori trap for both games? all my guns are for skeet and a good used citori with 32 in. bbls can be had often for no more than $1200. which if i sell one of my citori 410 skeet guns gives me the cash for a good trap gun, no real cash out of pocket. one more thing i would like to use 20 ga. tubes in the citori because i do not care to shoot 12ga. and i feel i can shoot a 20 ga. as well as most can a 12ga. well what do you think of my idea. ps. i shoot for fun and proberley will never shoot any compition.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Buy a trap gun. Use 20 guage tubes. Everything will be fine. HMB

3. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would shoot what you have
    Then when and if you really enjoy it you will start buying trap guns like most of the rest of us did
    And buy and buy you will lol
    The most important thing is go and enjoy it to me its about the people I meet and the friends that I have made......

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I doubt you could afford a trapshooter's thought. It's not like there are a lot of them.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

He won't enjoy shooting trap with a skeet gun. HMB

6. Trap4

Trap4 Member

If you are just a recreational shooter a 20 ga is fine but if you really want to break targets then go 12 ga.
    if you reload load them light if Recoil is the problem, if you buy factory buy super light, if recoil is the problem.

Trap-4

7. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hmb the point is shoot what you have and you will want to do better and then he will do what most of us have buy buy buy
    Why be negative hmb??
    Let him enjoy it
    I started off hitting 5 per round and moved up from there
    This all starts off as fun and goes from there....

8. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

also shoot a very nice k 32. was thinking of getting a 32in. bbl for it and use my skeet gun for trap.gun is set up for skeet , with a 32in bbl added to it would i be able to use it for trap, or would it just be a 32in. skeet gun?

9. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Shoot a 20 as good as most shoot a 12?

K32 barrels on a skeet stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.