1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ready for your stories

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Daughter of Paul, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter of Paul

Daughter of Paul TS Member

Greetings, Trap Shooters!
    I am the Daughter of Paul Sedwick, Warwick Custom Cases.
    My post here is to ask for your stories about my Dad. I miss him.
    I may or may not know you, but if you have a story to share I would love to hear it! I know he had so many good people as friends, so many stories.

Please feel free to post it here or send to my email address,,, laidbk1@gmail.com

Thanks for your time :)
    Holly (Sedwick) Helmus

2. TC

TC TS Member

My wife and I always made sure we spent some time with him at the Grand. He was an easy guy to talk with and he always seemed to be able to sell us something. Just a heck of a nice guy. Tony

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Holly, I had the pleasure of exchanging a few emails with your dad. What a fine gentleman he was. I can understand why you miss him. I recently bought one of the last cases he made as a result of that conversation. Doug

4. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

I own two Warwick cases that I found very unmolested, and purchased. I can say the craftsmanship is top notch and I wish I could have met the creator of these cases. Very good attention to detail and a durability unmatched.

Not to mention everyone that sees them wants to buy them, to the point of over three times the retail.

That says something.

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Several years ago I decided I wanted one of Paul's cases. I called the phone number and to my supprise Paul answered. I told him I was in CA and wanted to order a case. His response is what is memorable. He said, hold on a minute, I'm driving back home from the Dixie grand. He pulled his vehicle over, got a piece of paper and took down all my info, including my CC number. I offered to call when he got back to the shop, but he said no and completed the entire order on the side of the road. The next thing I knew...just a few days...I had my case, with every detail correct.

I remain completely impressed. That kind of service is practically non-existant.

Best wishes to your family.

Jon Schorle
    Chief of Police (ret)

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

We visited Paul at his last Grand to buy a birthday present for Martin. I had the pleasure of sharing some jokes with him in the middle of business. He had exactly what we wanted, and Martin got to walk away with a nice Warwick case that held both of his shotguns. He sort of said that we may or may not see him again, and hinted that his time was getting short. He told us that he LOVED selling the cases, and especially b.s.-ing with everyone. He told me that he shot "a little" and was an average shot (what an understatment!).

He seemed like a real person, and I really enjoyed his laugh.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I first met Paul at Ennis' gun club in Darien, Wisconsin. It was a league night and I didn't get to shoot and I didn't know anybody but Dave Ennis and, of course, he was busy with the league. One guy asked me to join him for a coffee and we sat there most of the night talking shootin' and guns. That guy was Paul Sedwick.

From that time on, no matter where we attended the same shoot, we talked like old friends. We had a lot in common. We both were "old time road salesmen" and we talked the same language and had lots of road stories to tell each other. Even though we were not "best friends" we were cut out of the same mold and enjoyed each others company.

The last time I saw him was at the Illinois State Shoot. We had talked here on TS.com before the shoot and he wanted to come but didn't know if he would be able to because he didn't know where he could get dialysis easily. I called the hospital in Litchfield and they could accommodate Paul, so he was able to come down for the week. I was very happy to see him one last time. Barry Roach

8. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

A few years ago at the Silver Dollar, there was an auction during the PVA shoot, he and i were bidding on a coca cola card collection, after the auction he and i became better friends, i miss him he was a gentlemen, Tom Nowak

9. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Some years ago at Vandalia, I signed a list of Trapshooters.com members in Paul's shop. A week or two later he called and said I'd won a Warwick case. I thought it was a scam and he was a bit offended. We became fiends and I called him several times in his final months. A loss to all of us.

Hank Cross

10. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

it was always great to see your Dad show up at shoots, had the pleasure of shooting with him on a number occasion and B.S. secession. will try to remember some of the story's he told and E.Mail them to you, Gone but never forgotten.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What a nice thread. I wish I had met him

12. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Paul was a great guy...sincere and genuine.

Another great is gone from Trapshooting.

The trap tour won't be the same without him.

Holly, so sorry for your loss!

miltie

13. NintyT

NintyT Member

It was about 8 to 10 yr ago when I stopped by Paul's display to talk. He was sitting on a stool, and absent mindedly bending a paper clip. When he had it in the shap of the horns of a texas longhorn, he reached over and stuck it under the rib of his gun at the muzzle. Just then, another shooter walks by and asked what the wire was for. In a serious tone, Paul told him that it was for shooting doubles. Paul said that you shoot the right bird by putting left horn on the bird and then the left bird by using the right horn. He held a straight face until the guy asked "how much?"

Paul was a great guy, but he took me to the woodshed on many handicap events!

Steve Johnson

14. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

one time for Paul. TTT

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Nice young man. Paul would be happy it got some real use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.