1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Read this editorial RE: Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

I encourage all of you to read the linked editorial. It is eye opening to me to read this from Mr. Zimmerman. I have been reading his editorials for years excoriating any effort to allow citizens to have CCW in Illinois. He has been as enthusiastically anti-gun as anyone I have ever read. Reading this editorial, however, I see perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel. If Mr. Zimmerman can be brought around to a common sense, logical way of thinking about guns in general and CCW in particular, by the shootings at Virginia Tech, perhaps there are others out there whose thinking is being swayed.

Gene Batchelar Wheaton, IL

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Sounds like one of us but, Whenever a leopard changes there spots I have the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!!!! Jeff

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I was afraid that things would get worst for us but it beginning to look like SOME ANTI GUN people are seeing the light. Hope it keeps going this way for all of us.

4. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

I have seen this trend also. The people who are changing aren`t anti gunners; but people who previously leaned toward gun control. Now are joining the ranks of 2nd amemdment. PC to be for CCW!!!

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

People like John Zimmerman, instead of getting our skepticism, should be receiving our letters of support on articles like this. I sent a letter to the paper.

The editors at the paper will surely be hearing from the antis. We need to be just as vocal in our support for people like Zimmerman, and just as vocal against media personnel who are supporting gun control measures.

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I would rather have the gun and not need it then need it and not have it.

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Heres the sad part. The gov saids "WE WILL PROTECT YOU. IT IS OUR JOB TO HELP YOU". There are people who will agree and sit there and wait for them. Yes there are more time that YOU have to take matters in your own hands wheither you want to or not. We will not have a cop on every corner when we need one. That will never happen.

8. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

Law enforcement is always reactive instead of proactive! When you're theatened
    reactive means they show up to pick the dead bodies, mostly after the action is over!!!

9. StoneyFF

StoneyFF TS Member

For God's sake, people, don't criticize him for his prior errors in understanding, praise him for his ability to now comprehend. He is the prodigal son come to the fold. We need more like him. And we need to spread this story to everyone who we can... Nothing will convince people to convert as much as the words from the mouth of a convert who they can relate to, especially one so eloquent! Don't knock the guy, spread the words... his words... far and wide!!! I'm sending a copy to our NY State Senators and Congressthings, as well as the Governor and State Assembly folks, in the vain hope that someone in their offices will actually read it...

Stoney
    {still waiting for the pistol permit (you need a carry permit to simply buy a handgun in NY State) that takes 4-6 months to get <sigh>... and who's going to give a copy of this guy's editorial to the Judge when he asks for an unrestricted carry permit... see, in NY State, the local county judge has the sole authority to limit, in any way he chooses, and for any reason he chooses, your right to possess and/or carry (concealed or otherwise) a handgun in this state... }

10. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

It's unfortunate it takes a VT incident to have liberals like John Zimmerman understand what many of us have been saying for years. Mr. Zimmerman is correct that only if a professor or student would have had a gun many others may have been saved.

Over 70 million people in the US own guns. You will never get all the illegal guns off the street and law abiding gun owners are not going to give up their guns for any one. Since the public can not be protected against marauders like this Cho the only thing you can do is grant conceal carry priviledges even on a university! It is horrible when the general public stands by and watches its citizens get killed and the only thing that can come from Congress is more pontificating for more gun control bills. Bills they do not enforce now!

Most congressman realize that gun control is NOT a popular movement in this country...just ask Al Gore! With overall violent crime coming down nation-wide the last thing this country needs is gun control.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.