1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

READ THIS CRAP

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by moore5833, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Please read this tidbit and call your congressperson or senator!!
    [​IMG]

2. Mark Gadbois

Mark Gadbois Member

per Snopes - BS

3. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Mark-Thanks for the link!!! my father in law just gave me that letter today, i'm glad it is BS Thanks again, Perry

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Even if this was true, there are not enough prisons in this country to hold all the gun owners that would refuse to obey!!!! I told my wife we would file separate returns if this were to happen, mine would say "None of damn your business, now let me know which prison I am to report to."

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OH, that damn Snopes again....putting the Kibosh on all of the fun threads.

6. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

I think they tried something similar around the time Clinton was president, it failed misribly.

tom

7. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Tron you got to restrict Kitty from putting this same tread out every month. Jon

8. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

oops thread Jon

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Blair Holt was sent to committee, ostensibly to die. However, like an unnoticed campfire ash, it could come to life again unnoticed, when you least expect it, and cause a lot of damage.

Sometimes legislation creeps forward very slowly like a glacier. I don't know how to find out if this thing is completely dead.

HM

10. dzeh

dzeh Member

One rule I try to follow with my fellow shooting buddies, I don't talk politics or religion. I don't even want to know their political or religious affiliations. Anything else is fair game. Our love of shooting is all I care about. If I wanted to debate politics I sure wouldn't pick T/S as my forum. Too many people lose friends over that stuff hence I try not to even open the political threads here.

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

FOR THE UNINFORMED:

Run these things through Snopes or Wikipedia before you post. You are correct, this is crap. However this was first floated by the democraps in 1986 and has been every 3 or 4 years since. I agree it is alarming and could be a serious threat to our ownership. But not this year.....yet.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

dzeh, how can you care about shooting without being aware of the threats to the sport we love?

If you don't want to be vigilant and protect your rights you will lose them.

I would rather be wrong about this than have it happen without knowing.

HM

13. bocephus

bocephus Member

snopes is not always right, many times they purposely lie for their liberal friends. One time this was apparent was when it was first said that BO was a muslim, snopes denied that he was by using BO's own book as proof. But according to his own book he was raised a muslim-totally contradicting what snopes themselves said.

Congress has been trying to get this into law for many years and when it does happen all the libtard trolls here will still deny it....or blame Bush!

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.